Open Position: Consultant at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant - Support to Jigawa State Government to Develop Local Resource Mobilization Strategy for Nutrition
Sector: Health and Nutrition
Donor & Contribution/s: DFID
Responsible ACF HQ: Action Against Hunger France
Mission administering the Project: Action Against Hunger Nigeria
With initial engagement from State and Federal Government on the inclusion of nutrition into the political agenda and policy implementation, we are at a critical juncture in institutionalising and integrating nutrition into government systems, processes and embedding political commitment. The WINNN team are well positioned to support full institutionalisation to enable nutrition to get broad recognition and acceptance, enhance the progress made to date and secure the legacy of DFID’s investment to date.
The overall vision for WINNN post-March 2019 is to enhance government capacity to use its own resources to implement nutrition interventions. As such, the WINNN team have examined the drivers and obstacles to achieve this, taking into consideration the available period (12 months) and gaps/needs analysis above. The following proposed activities look to enhance government ownership, influence government policy, build human and institutional capacity and improve budgetary commitment and release for nutrition.
Project and Study Summary Table
Reference of the Assessment:
- Project Name
- Working to Improve Nutrition in Northern Nigeria-WINNN
Consultancy for the Development of Local Resource Mobilization Strategy for Nutrition:
- Geographical scope covered by the Analysis - Jigawa state
Purpose and Objectives of the Study
The specific Objective of the assessment is to provide:
- The overall purpose of the consultancy is to provide technical support to government stakeholders on local resource mobilization for nutrition and to establish a clear overview of current and potential funding opportunities for nutrition for the state.
- To facilitate a five days’ technical workshop to the Jigawa State Government stakeholders on Local Resource Mobilization (LRM) for Health and Nutrition as well as to support them to design a clear roadmap for potential local resource mobilization with clear accountability strategy and sustainability plan.
- To support the Jigawa State Government stakeholders to design local resource mobilization strategy for Health and Nutrition with a proposed results and action oriented action plan in response to the emerging opportunities and challenges particularly on malnutrition.
- To conduct situational assessment through SWOT analysis in order to support the Government stakeholders to maximize the Strengths and Opportunities and minimize Weakness and Threats with regards to nutrition sector in the State.
Profile of the Consultant
- Higher degree in relevant field including Development Studies, Public Health, Social Sciences, Political Science
- Proven successful track record in local resource mobilization and fundraising.
- At least five years’ experience working in the development sector or health system
- Previous work experience on health financing
- Extensive experience in data management and analysis, including proficient control of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Sound and mature understanding of rights-based approaches to development and participatory concepts and practical experience in similar context.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to communicate efficiently (oral and written).
- The ability to work closely in a team, to be patient, adaptable, flexible and able to improvise and work in an environment that is often stressful.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Understanding of Nigeria public health system is required
- Understanding of Nigeria political dynamics is required
- Experience working with INGO is an advantage
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate/consultants should send their Expression of Interest electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.
Qualified and interested parties are asked to submit the following:
- Letter of interest and a CV of the consultant
- Evidence of previous experience in similar assignments and qualifications outlined in this ToR
- A detailed outline of how the assignment will be accomplished (Methodology)
- Detailed financial cost
- Date of availability
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed