St. Mary Dedication British International High School is a renowned educational institution known for its academic excellence and morally upright students. St Mary Dedication British international school challenges students to develop what is finest in themselves and others, for others and themselves. We are committed to nurturing an intentionally diverse, and inclusive community that encourages students and adults to inspire and respect one another.
At St Mary Dedication British Internation school our guiding principle is Education for Light, Through Knowledge. Our aim is to provide a richness of opportunity for our students to excel, nurture and explore their talents without limits. That is because education goes beyond exam results, it's about the complete development of the child.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Class Teacher
Location: Oka - Benin City, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a teacher who is passionate about teaching children.
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with other teachers and coordinators to handle curriculum integration and implementation
- Work with individual students to gauge abilities and work towards catering to these abilities
- Use various assessment tools to evaluate each student’s capabilities within the classroom
- Prepare an environment conducive to learning and social and academic development
- Maintain a classroom environment by ensuring that appropriate behavior rules are followed and the lesson plan is followed
- Ensure the availability of materials and resources needed to further educational programs
- Demonstrate rapport with students by ensuring kindness and respect for each student
- Handle conflict management by employing tactics to ward off problems
- Report discipline concerns that may be beyond classroom tactics to the school head
- Ensure the safety and emotional security of students and ensure that the physical environment of the classroom is under health and security directives of the school create progress reports of each student
- Develop and participate in school functions such as orientations, projects, and carnivals
- Train teacher assistants in order to make sure that they are ready to perform in their roles
- Maintain classroom supplies inventory and stock
- Complete and maintain student records in the school’s database
- Ensure the privacy of student information
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience that provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To assist in the development of appropriate syllabus, resources, schemes of work, making policies, and teaching strategies in the curriculum.
- To maintain discipline in accordance with the school’s policy and procedures.
- To play a full part in the community of the school.
- To continue personal development as agreed.
- NCE / OND / B.Sc / HND in any Education, Art, Science, or Humanities discipline required.
- Previous experience with teaching is advantageous.
- Relevant teaching Certification is an advantage
- Familiarity with different types of teaching styles.
- Patience, innovation in the field, knowledge of classroom management and student discipline,
- Strong multitasking abilities.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Plan
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed