Junior Accountant at Sankore Investment
LAGOS , IKOYI ,
Sankore is an investment and advisory firm that provides an array of wealth and fund management services to individuals and institutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Accountant
Job Opening ID: 133
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
Industry: Financial Services
- The Junior Accountant is responsible for providing support to the Finance and Operations team by managing daily accounting and financial tasks.
- In this role, you will be responsible for reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledgers and preparing of management account.
Reporting & Accounting:
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports.
- Manage cash flow across assigned businesses.
- Preparation of periodic financial statements.
- Engage in Transaction postings.
- Perform Bank Reconciliation exercises.
- Serve as a point of contact for external auditors.
- Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Process internal and external payments to Clients and Vendors.
- Update and maintain the pre-payment schedules on the accounting software.
- Assist in the preparation of Management Account.
- Prepare and timely remittance of monthly regulatory returns such as PAYE, Pension, VAT, NSITF and ITF.
Cash/ Asset Management:
- Manage the Petty cash Till.
- Client Operations and transaction processing.
- Maintain fixed asset register on the software.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- 1 - 2 years’ proven work experience in a related position
- Professional Certifications (ICAN/CFA/CPA) is an added advantage.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Proficiency in Usage of accounting software (ERP).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Ability to engage external regulators and regulatory bodies on tax issues and remittance obligations.
- In-depth understanding of financial reporting in accordance with IFRS Reporting standard.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Highly organized.
- An in-depth understanding of financial reporting in accordance with IFRS Reporting standard.
- Compliance and Internal Control oriented.
- Strong ethical values.
- A strong focus on excellence.
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Respectful to clients / colleagues.
- Possess a practical, flexible, and innovative approach to work.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Competitive and commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed