JMG Limited is a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, and industrial equipment. With over 10 years of experience in Africa and strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands (CATERPILLAR INC, MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES, LEGRAND, GE LIGHTING, KAESER COMPRESSORS, THYSSENKRUPP), JMG combines global technologies and regional expertise to fulfill the development needs of the African market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety & Environment Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Support the implementation of the health safety and Environment procedures and foster a positive health and safety culture in the workplace.
- Inspect worksites and review working conditions
- Ensure that equipment is installed correctly and safely
- Ensure the HSE management system is established within the organization, implemented, and maintained
- Oversee disposal of substances according to environmental guidelines
- Implement preventive measures to ensure unsafe processes are not repeated
- Audit production, offices, and branches, keeping on the lookout for any unsafe behavior or breaks in regulations
- Carry out regular site inspections to check HSE policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Assess risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operations and give safety advice accordingly
- Keep records of HSE inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Help in creating analytical reports of safety data
- Inspect production equipment and processes to make sure they are safe and working in line with factory ACT
- Advice on the repairs for unsafe and/or damaged equipment
- Focus on prevention by keeping up with equipment maintenance and employee training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Engineering, Occupational Safety and Health, and environment or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven working experience in a Health and Safety role. Experience in the Industrial/Manufacturing environment would be a plus.
- Experience in a unionized environment would be a plus.
- Sound knowledge of health, safety, and environment principles and practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Physically fit
- Highly attentive to details
- Very good inspection and reporting skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Patient and assertive, with excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed