Deputy Rector at Igbajo Polytechnic
The Governing Council, Igbajo Polytechnic, Igbajo, Osun State, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Rector
Location: Igbajo, Osun
- The Deputy Rector is a Principal Officer. He is responsible to the Rector in the area of proper academic leadership in the Polytechnic.
- The Deputy Rector shall assist the Rector in the performance of such functions as the Rector may assign to him/her especially in matters that are academic and administrative in nature.
- The Deputy Rector shall also act for the Rector whenever the Rector is absent.
- Candidates to the position must hold a minimum of good Masters's Degree from a recognized University (a verifiable Doctorate Degree will be an advantage)
- Must have not less than ten (10) years post qualification cognate experience in in a Polytechnic setting, at least 6 years of which must be at the level not below Chief Lecturer with substantial numbers of peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- Compliance with I.T would be an added advantage.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- Successful candidate for the post of Deputy Rector shall hold office for a renewable term of four years and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in his/her letter of appointment.
- Remuneration will be consolidated Salary with approved benefits and allowances as applicable and as approved from time to time by the Governing Council of Igbajo Polytechnic, Igbajo.
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and Photocopies of their credentials. The curriculum vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- E-Mail and Telephone Numbers
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and Local Government Area of Origin
- Schools Attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Working Experience
- Positions held with dates
- List of Publications (If any)
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Present Position with Salary
- Names and Addresses of 3 Referees
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelope with position applied for boldly marked at the top left hand corner and addressed to:
P.M.B. 303, Igbajo,
- Applicants are also expected to request three referees to forward referee reports on them, under different confidential cover to the above address before the closing date.
- Only candidates found eligible in strict accordance to the above specification and whose age will not be above 70 years on appointment, and who must be a retiree will be shortlisted for interview.
- Applications should reach the appropriate office of the polytechnic not later than the application closing date.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed