The Kwara State Polytechnic came into existence following the promulgation of Kwara State Edict No.4 of 1972 (now overtaken by the edict no.21 of 1984, edict no.13 of 1987, edict no.7 of 1994 and Law CAPSI2 no 4 of 2006), as the body empowered by statute “to provide for studies, training, research and development of techniques in arts and Languages, applied sciences, engineering, management and commerce, education and as well as in other spheres of learning.
The Polytechnic formally commenced operation in January 1973 with an administrative machinery patterned closely after the existing universities in the country. The Polytechnic has as its Motto: Technology, Innovation and Service.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director of Works and Maintenance Services
Location: Ilorin, Kwara
- The Director of Works and Maintenance Services is the Administrative Head of the Department of Works & Maintenance Services.
- He reports to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Department.
The Director of Works and Maintenance Services shall be responsible for the following duties:
- Responsible to the Rector for Maintenance of the Polytechnic Buildings, minor works, transport and supervision of the Polytechnic Projects
- Over all control of the Works and Maintenance Services Department
- Formulate divisional strategies to achieve the institutional goals
- Planning and controlling the technical activities of Works and Maintenance Services Department
- Advise the Rector from time to time, on the acquisition, operation and maintenance of all Polytechnic Assets
- Preparing the Works & Maintenance Services Department's budget and exercise budgetary control.
- Keeping an inventory of all Polytechnic Vehicles and has responsibility for their maintenance, security and up-keep.
- Supervision of all staff in the division
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must not be less than a serving Chief Engineer / Chief Architect / Chief Quantity Surveyor / Chief Builder in a similar tertiary institution or its equivalence in any reputable government establishment.
- Candidates must must have a good Honours Degree or its equivalent with at least 17 years relevant experience or a Master's Degree with at least 15 years relevant experience in related field, as listed a above from a recognized University.
- Possession of a Doctorate Degree in a related field will be an added advantage
- He/She must possess excellent managerial, interpersonal, communication, organizational and planning skills.
- The candidate must be a registered member of relevant Professional Body(ies).
- Successful candidates must not be older than 55 years at the point of appointment and must also have at least five (5) more years in service.
- The candidates must have adequate knowledge of Information and Communications Technology.
Contopsal Salary Structure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty-five (25) copies of their type-written Application Letters and Curriculum Vitae, giving the following information:
- Full names (Surname underlined)
- Age, stating date and place of birth
- Marital Status stating the number of children and ages
- Name and address of Next of Kin
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area / Senatorial District
- GSM / Email address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications and distinctions
- Member of Professional Bodies
- Work Experience (in chronological sequence)
- Present employment status and salary
- Extra-curricular activities
- Publications (in standard form)
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope marked "Application for the post of Director of Works and Maintenance Services" at the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
Kwara State Polytechnic, Old Jebba Road,
P.M. B. 1375, Ilorin,
- Only the applications of candidates shortlisted for interviews will be acknowledged.
- Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward confidential reports on them directly to the address above.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed