Total Child School is a co-educational Nursery, Primary and Secondary School. The school is sited in a serene location providing a beautiful, natural and highly conducive atmosphere for learning. The School promises every child a privileged, purposeful, enriching, very enjoyable, and memorable school life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Nurse
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Classroom rounds and checking of pupils as regards to their personal hygiene.
- Collecting all prescribed drugs for safe keeping and proper administration.
- Supervision of pupils during P.E. and break time.
- Administering first aid treatment to sick children and staff and also observation of any change in condition.
- Sending of the medical newsletter to inform parents and guardians of outbreak and precautions to be taken.
- Ensuring that any pupil affected by any communicable infection is kept at home and a medical clearance certificate is required before such pupil is admitted back to the school.
- Hourly monitoring of toilets.
- A thorough inspection of play equipment and playing grounds on daily basis.
- Daily inspection of water dispensers, and water bottles and ensuring regular supply of water refills.
- A good University Degree in Nursing or a Registered and certified Nurse from a reputable school.
- Minimum of 2 years cognate experience. Previous experience in a similar role in a school will be highly regarded.
- A friendly personality
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Sound decision making
- Tact and absolute discretion in dealing with all matters.
- Able to respond calmly, quickly, and willingly to urgent and unexpected requests.
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of Microsoft office tools.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed