WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients' projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Operations Superintendent
Location: Lagos (On-site)
Job type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Overview And Responsibilities
- As Field Operations Superintendent, you will be an integrator for the day-to-day operations and performance of the company’s assets.
- This role will be responsible for assisting with the directing, planning, coordination, and safe execution of tasks on-site, as assigned by the Interim Chief Operating Officer and in cooperation with project consultant(s).
- Also, this role will be responsible for the field plan for accountable assets, safe management, and optimization of production, overseeing the integration of all activities relating to accountable assets, acting as the technical lead as and where required.
- Focuses on maintaining and increasing daily production through optimizing well performance and field operations while controlling operating costs.
- Performs daily field operations including optimizing well behavior, production, water disposal, chemical injection, and treatment, waterflood performance and artificial lift systems.
- Evaluates proposed modifications to equipment or to operating procedures to improve safety, efficiency and reliability of equipment and ensures all modifications meet statutory and Company standards.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with Production Team through effective communication and teamwork.
- Perform daily well monitoring / surveillance, short term optimization (within operating envelope), data analysis and trending on oil / gas production, gas / water injection, flaring and well issues.
- Produce operations strategies and plans to ensure that targets for the facilities are met.
- Collaborate with partner/vendors in overseeing Dawes Island Field production and shipment operations within the existing DPR, and other governmental regulations and standards.
- Collaborate with partner/vendors in maintaining asset production and export targets in accordance with good oilfield practices.
- Ensure all production and shipment equipment and facilities are maintained in timely manner and are put into optimum conditions at all the time.
- Ensuring that the company’s production team receive on the job and out of station training and making necessary recommendation to management on staff training requirements.
- Coordinating Field OPEX and budget monitoring in accordance with best practices.
- Prepare monthly report for the Interim Chief operating Officer
- Recommend relevant solutions for asset decisions in uncertain and ambiguous circumstances.
- Execute and manage tendering process for asset operations contractors in close collaboration with procurement.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with geologists, engineers, contractors, and asset teams to successfully execute projects from concept to operation.
- Requires a minimum of Bachelor's Degree (a Degree in Geology or Engineering is preferred) and a minimum of nine (9) years of industry experience.
- Hands-on experience with well operations, optimization, maintenance, and readiness is essential.
- Relevant experience with at least 4 years’ experience in a supervisory position
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to work with a multi-discipline team and supervise a team to safely execute assigned tasks.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed