Pharmacy Technician at Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organization in Nigeria, implementing programmes in malaria prevention, and treatment, Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, new-born, and child health care. SFH ignites the power of health system thinking and market shaping to transform health outcomes.
An emerging pan African organisation, we provide a partnership platform to communities, donors, the private sector and government to co-create and implement actions that create real and measurable impact at individual, family, society and country levels. In a career at SFH, you will be the centre of making all these happen. You will be joining a team of problem solvers, with real passion to change the world in a fast-paced environment. We are a truly Nigerian rooted organisation with global standards and a diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive, and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
We are recruiting passionate, self-motivated, and highly qualified individuals to fill the under listed vacant position, in response to organizational expansion:
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Job ID: sfh-49996
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for talented people with a track record of high performance and passion for providing healthcare for their community to join our vibrant workforce under our Enhancing PHC for UHC (A2F) scheme. SFH is recruiting staff to work in PHC facilities in Delta State.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for drug management in the SFH managed PHC facility in Delta State to which he/she is assigned.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Receiving and confirming prescribed orders
- Preparing and filling prescriptions
- Interacting with customers and answering questions
- Managing inventory and appropriate stock taking
- Liaise with the Admin Officer to ensure drug supply from the vendor.
- Maintaining patient and pharmacy records in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Writing reports
- Support the medical team in Community outreaches.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess an appropriate qualification as a Pharmacy Technician from a recognized School of Health Technology.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years professional experience; especially in a Hospital setting. Experience with HMO and Clinical services will be an advantage.
- Valid Pharmacy Technician practicing licence from the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite at the minimum.
- Other computer skills will be of added advantage.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Excellent skills in drug dispensing.
- Excellent skills in record keeping, stock and inventory management.
- Good relationship management/ interpersonal skills, as well as interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and be able to function independently on the job whenever necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on patients’ medical records.
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload.
- Can speak some local language in state of implementation.
- Ability to Multitask and work with minimal supervision.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for these positions is based on industry standards and designed to attract, motivate, and incentivize talented individuals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.
Login And Apply