Greengates Group Limited is a multinational and majorly family-held equity company established over 22 years ago to provide world-class products and services in all the countries it operates. From a vantage position, presence and partnerships with time-tested and successful institutions in major industrialized and commercial capital in Europe, North America and Asia, we have acquired a world-class solution to meeting our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Finance Officer / Accountant
- To oversees all activities of the accounting and tax accounting within the group and involved in the supervision and management of general accounting activities, analyses, and the maintenance of effective internal controls while ensuring statutory compliance in all accounting initiatives.
Essential Daily Duty
- Daily Approval of Payment Vouchers
- Daily supervision of all Accountants of the various SUB,s
- Daily supervision of all Operations in the account Group Office
- General Weekly and quarterly duties
- Preparation and presentation of Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly Group financial statements.
- Preparation financial Forecast and Budgets for the Group (Production budget, financial budget, cash budgets etc.
- Set and enforce realistic targets for each subsidiary Company’s in the Group.
- Preparation of standard and acceptable Standard Level Agreements (SLA) that support transfer pricing policies between the companies within the Group.
- Overseeing daily accounting and finance functions of all the subsidiaries within the Group.
- Monthly review of all Subsidiaries company financial statement
- Monthly presentation of group financial statement
- Budget preparation for the group.
- Financial budget
- Cash budget
- Weekly group office activity report.
- Prepare and report Weekly Group liquidity updates.
- Prepare and report Weekly Group financial obligation updates.
- Maintaining a strong corporate relationship with financial institutions.
- Develop a low risk investment framework for investment application of excess liquidity for relevant value creation.
- Carry out all treasury functions for the Group.
- Providing all relevant financial advice for all projects within the Group.
- Review from time to time all account and finance functions for all the Accounts staff in all the subsidiaries.
- Liaise with the subsidiaries External Auditors, Account Consultants, Tax consultants etc.
- Draw up Audit exercise calendar for each of the subsidiaries.
- Review and implement group project as well as secure low cost fund for the execution.
- Prepare bankable feasibility report that will assist the Group or any of its subsidiaries to obtain funding from the banks, CBN, International donor agency, foreign investors, AFDB, Federal government intervention funds.
- Develop business plan for the Group business.
- Develop internal and external training modules and programs calendar with their budget for the finance and account staff of the Group and Subsidiaries.
- Constantly reviewing all account package use in the account operation of the subsidiaries.
- Analyze and prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly performance report for the board and board committees.
- Any other financial duty that will be assigned from time to time by the Management.
- Ensuring all statutory renditions within the group are remitted in line with the statutory deadline. (VAT, PAYE, PENSION, WHT).
- Corporate filling/submission of all financial returns with the group. (FIRS, LIRS, CBN, CAC etc.)
- Attending to all tax related issues with the relevant statutory bodies.
- Attending to all audit management letters.
- Providing audited accounts of all the subsidiaries to the Legal department for filling with the CAC.
- Drawing up audit exercise programs for the group.
- Monitor and updating financial infrastructure to keep pace with changing needs, such as compliance issues, reporting requirements, tax, and accounting issues, insurance requirements, etc.
- Any other Statutory duties that will be assigned from time to time by the Management
- Implementation of controls within the Group.
- Monitoring of all implementation controls.
- Scrutinizing all payment documentation before final approval.
- Monthly group tax compliance updates.
- Making sure all bank charges are in line with the agreed rate.
- Constantly review the Group financial in line with relevant standards.
- Implementing and monitoring weekly cash check schedule for supervisors and managers.
- Ensuring compliance with professional accounting standards, rules, regulations, and laws by directing, supervising, and facilitating the preparation and maintenance of required and appropriate financial records, monthly and annual financial reports, and all other financial reporting as may be required by federal, state, local agencies, or established accounting standards.
- Any other Compliance duties that will be assigned from time to time by the Management.
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes.
- Assess staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensure strict compliance of the Staff Hand Book.
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations.
- Ensure the smooth running of tools and equipment.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new materials with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
- Oversee facilities services, maintenance activities and tradespersons (e.g electricians).
- Organize and supervise other office activities (recycling, renovations, event planning etc.).
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations.
- Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business developments.
- Enforce and manage the procurement function of the company.
- Any other Administrative duties that will be assigned from time to time by the Management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed