Ajani & Kimberly Limited - Our client is one of the leading organizations in logistics and transportation in Nigeria. With a group of companies in Haulage, Hotelier, Energy, Transportation and Supply Chain.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager (Logistics)
Location: Municipal, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- One of the leading organizations in logistics and supply chain in Nigeria, who specializes in warehousing and transportation is looking for a highly motivated, strong Operations Manager who is customer service focused and has strong computer skills.
- We are looking for a dynamic, energetic leader with outstanding customer service skills. The ideal candidate needs to be refined with proven managerial skills with a passion for excellence.
- The Operations Manager will provide onsite leadership to ensure the logistics and warehousing operations are meeting safety, quality, delivery, cost, and housekeeping objectives.
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for maximizing the operating unit productivity capacities to achieve economic commitments and increase customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet the financial target necessary for the growth of the business.
- Manage inventory as well as warehouse, transportation, and other logistics processes.
- Develop new strategies to streamline processes and reduce cost.
- Ensure that quality, quantity, customer satisfaction, and financial commitments are met.
- Perform metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities for process improvements.
- Manage and develop logistics staff
- Create and manage budgets
- Use IT systems to manage inventory levels, delivery times and transport costs.
- Manage drivers and casual staff to ensure derived service and professional delivery.
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements.
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs.
- Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers.
- Develop business by gaining new contracts, analyzing logistical problems and producing new solutions.
- Understand, work with and possibly help to develop e-commerce.
- Develop and create accurate reports detailing the position of the business and its processes.
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs, vehicle maintenance and rising environmental pressures.
- Implement health and safety procedures
- Manage staff training issues
- Motivate other members of the team
- Set objectives
- Plan and manage projects
- Plan and manage marketing and sales projects
- Plan vehicle routes
- Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries.
- Organize warehouse, label goods, plot routes, and process shipments.
- Respond to any issues or complaints.
- Research ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers.
- Update and evaluate metrics to assess staff performance and implement enhancements.
- Ensure all operations adhere to laws, guidelines, and ISO requirements.
- Ensure accurate understanding of various supply chain/Logistics software.
- Usage of excel to manage all value chain and business processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’working in logistics, warehouse, or transportation operations.
- Firm grasp of supply chain, inventory, distribution, business, and management principles
- In-depth knowledge of the consumer goods industry.
- Solid understanding of logistics and inventory management software.
- Ability to manage, coach, and provide training for direct reports
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving and organizational abilities.
- Expert Level understanding of Excel.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates should apply.
Login And Apply