Agro Commodity and Mineral Resources Development Officers at Harmony Holdings Limited
Harmony Holdings Limited was established in 2012 as the investment management vehicle for all of Kwara State's commercial and business interests. It is wholly owned by the State Government and its mandate is to ensure that all the State's business portfolios are run profitably, and also to help drive the economic development of the State by partnering with local and international businesses to yield good financial and social returns for the people of Kwara State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agro Commodity and Mineral Resources Development Officer
- Ability to create a wide-off take supplier network with thousands of major Farmers and Wholesale commodity dealers that are capable of meeting up with the huge volumes of commodity supplies constantly.
- Conduct weekly/monthly physical examinations and count Commodities at all Warehouses.
- Possess a good knowledge of mining and mineral beneficiation activities
- Significant experience in core mining and mineral resources buying activities
- Prepare Commodity Dispatch Authorization (CDA) on monthly bases or as per need based on the distribution plan submitted by the districts for approval by Management.
- Ensure all warehouses in the country are compliant with Standard Operational Procedures (SOP).
- Evaluate the cost of the unfit commodities.
- Maintain a consolidated record for all warehouses, which gives the stock information on a weekly/monthly basis
- Prepare warehouse inspection report on a monthly basis.
- Submit a report for the commodities disposed on monthly basis.
- Maintain an audit-ready, well-organized filling system for all commodity files, records and reports.
- Make sure that all documents, reports and files are secure and kept in a safe place
- Ensure that commodity management procedures are properly documented and are in line Participate in internal audits related to commodity management and accounting
- Understanding the needs and wants of customers in the open market and meeting them is one of the key roles of building a strong business in this industry.
- Ensure proper handling, tracking and accounting for Procurement Projects
- Developing new marketing strategies to increase sales of existing products or introduce new products
- Developing financial models to determine the cost of producing a product in order to forecast price changes that will be profitable for the company
- Monitoring market prices for commodities such as precious metals, agricultural products, oil, natural gas, coal, or other raw materials
- Studying economic trends and forecasts to identify market opportunities or risks
- Conducting research on specific commodities in order to identify opportunities for profit
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers or customers to buy or sell commodities based on pre-established terms
- Researching trends in the industry such as supply and demand forecasts, political developments, and technological innovations that may affect prices
- Reviewing trading records and other financial information to identify areas for improvement in operations
- Managing the inventory of commodities held in storage facilities as well as inventory held by suppliers or customers.
- Candidates should possess a Master's Degree / BSc / HND in Business, Economics, Finance, or related field with 5+ years’ experience in commodity management, purchasing, or supply chain management
- Knowledge of Commodity Accounting System and procedures is preferred
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Ability to achieve pre-defined results and outcomes using ethical, best practice methods
- Ability to demonstrate personal integrity and trustworthiness
- Ability to identify gaps, trends, priorities and key issues
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively
- Ability to prioritize many demands without losing focus
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to find fulfillment in work through creativity, risk-taking, initiative, and innovation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com using the position as the subject of the email.
Login And Apply