Driver (Lagos) at the British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, the English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by the Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Contract Type: One (1) year fixed term contract
Pay band: BRC-K-F
Travel: Regular domestic travel.
- To support the provision of secure transportation of personnel and resources for the British Council in accordance with the organization’s policies and standards
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- Always prioritize the safety of passengers and personal safety.
- Operate the vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Ensure passengers use seat belts and do not unnecessarily distract the driver or MOPOL guards; report refusals; breaches or exceptions to the Facilities Manager
- SSCE passed.
- Valid Nigeria driver’s license.
Role-Specific Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role within the corporate sector.
- In-depth knowledge of designated locations in the city and thorough knowledge of road signs.
- Experience working as part of a successful team/function.
- Basic IT skills including word and excel.
- Basic mechanical knowledge participation in previous defensive driver training.
- Experience operating in a complex and multicultural context.
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Fluency in Written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The role holders must have existing rights to live and work in the country in which the role is based.
- Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website.
- Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, and identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
Login And Apply