Vacancy for Associate Director(Clinical Services) at APIN Public Health Initiatives
APIN Public Health Initiatives a non-governmental donor-funded organization. APIN Public Health Initiatives has been awarded a 5 year Grant by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to implement “Improving Comprehensive AIDS Response Enhanced for Sustainability” (iCARES) project, - a hybrid of facility and community based interventions, that will expand access to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services in 8 states of Benue, Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Plateau
POSITION : Associate Director - Clinical Services
- Work with the Director of Clinical Services (DCS) to maintain a high level of expertise and innovation in the delivery of pediatrics and adult antiretroviral therapy (ART).
- This is necessary to accelerate progress toward the attainment of PEPFAR Nigeria program goals.
- Provision of support to HIV treatment facilities to achieve epidemic control in high-burden “scale-up” local government areas (LGAs) by reaching the UNAIDS’ 90-90-90 goal.
- Contribute to the strengthening of working relationships with other stakeholders and building of systems for program sustainability.
- Support the development of evidence-based strategies in line with national guidelines and donor priority for the attainment of UNAIDS 90-90-90 goal, including the implementation of national “test and start” strategy to improve linkage to treatment in all LGAs, uninterrupted ART services for PLHIV, differentiated models of care and treatment, medication adherence support and scheduled monitoring in order to retain them on treatment and ensure treatment success, and TB/HIV activities to address TB disease among PLHIV
- Work with the DCS, other team members and relevant units/directorates to support identification of priority areas for evaluation in order to improve program implementation
- Work closely with other team members to prepare program reports and support documentation of best practices as well as enhance knowledge sharing
- Interface, in conjunction with other members of the APIN Team, between the APIN Program Office, relevant government agencies and other stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of program work plans
- Promote stakeholder engagement by working with various levels of government, their relevant bodies/agencies, US Government agencies in Nigeria and other partners
- Provide support to the DCS for the management of the program-wide Clinical Services team
- Identify program-wide capacity building needs as this relates to the Clinical Services Directorate and support capacity building efforts
- Provide technical guidance for the delivery of antiretroviral therapy in line with national guidelines and international best practices
- Ensure that training materials, SOPs and tools for ART service delivery are up-to-date
- A medical degree (MBBS or equivalent), a postgraduate fellowship in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine or a Master’s degree in Public Health (MPH) with a minimum of 12 years’ experience in HIV prevention, care and treatment program.
- Experience in TB, MNCH, RH and malaria programs would be an advantage.
How To Apply
Candidates should send their applications to:firstname.lastname@example.org stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above with position applied for as the subject