Senior Architect Job at Stresert Services Limited
Stresert Services Limited - Our client is an established Architectural & Interior Design practicing firm. As a result of growth, they require the service of:
Job Title: Senior Architect
Job Location: Lagos
- The job holder oversees and plans all architectural aspects of construction projects.
- Responsible for designing, document preparation, Performs architectural design, bidding and managing construction for architectural aspects of major capital projects. Interacts with other staff members and relevant departments within the organization, as well as outside the organization.
- Under direct supervision, independently prepare architectural schematic designs, contract drawings, specifications and estimates for approval.
- Independently prepare construction details for new and historic structures.
- Utilizing AutoCAD and other software, prepare and/or supervise the preparation of contract drawings and specifications.
- Provide construction administration support including submittal approvals.
- Inspect existing facilities and produce inspection reports.
- Coordinate and direct the design and construction of large and/or complex capital projects.
- Lead meetings with stakeholders to identify project goals.
- Manage project milestones to ensure timely completion of work.
- When directed, develop requests for proposals to obtain architectural, engineering or construction management consultant services.
- When directed, manage consultants to ensure contract compliance including meeting project budget and schedule. Coordinate other Agency reviews such as landscape architectural design and engineering trades.
- Present projects to other governmental agencies and departments, contractors and their representatives, consultants and community members.
- When directed, monitor progress of construction. Conduct occasional site inspections for quality assurance.
- Actively contribute the architecture unit’s development of production standards and systems.
- Responsible for final specifications, approval of ordered materials, and overall guidance on objectives and concepts.
- May also supervise and evaluate work of subordinate architects and technicians.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complex tasks.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Any other duties of related deliverables
Desired Qualification & Experience
- To be considered for the role of Senior Architect, applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Requires a Master's degree in architecture, an architect’s license or about to be registered, and at least 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Candidate must be Articulate and a good designer with leadership ability and autocad experience (with potential to be head of studio in the nearest future).
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Salary is above industry standard.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above expectation should email CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘SENIOR ARCHITECT’ as the subject of application. Wrong titles will not be attended to.
Due Date: 9th June: 2015
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed