Legal Officer at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc - Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Position: Legal Officer
- To provide support to unit leads in the execution of legal activities in the Company
- Assists in the development and implementation of procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy.
- Collates relevant materials and prepares all legal reports for unit leads
- Keeps abreast of relevant best practices and amendments to regulations and statutory provisions.
- Assists in providing professional legal advice on dispute resolution issues and litigations
- Conducts extensive research on the impact of new laws, regulations and legislation that may affect IBEDC and its operations and suggest recommendation.
- Assists in documenting the company's policies and procedures and ensuring that they meet regulatory requirements
- Assists in managing IBEDC's legal exposure
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date database of all contracts, disputes and litigations agreements.
- Obtains updated copies of regulations and other relevant documentation relating to the company and files appropriate.
- Prepares contracts for internal review and approval and ensures compliance with company policies as well as applicable laws or regulations guiding the Energy sector;
- Interprets contracts and advises sales / consulting managers on contractual responsibilities;
- Translates complex commercial/legal scenarios into simple language and action plans.
- Drives contract lifecycle from drafting through completion of the negotiation process, and/or contract execution.
- Manages contract change control process and related correspondence requiring legal input.
- Maintains a deep understanding of contract templates, contracts policy, legal risk and liability, and company position on various matters.
- Will work under the direction of other department staff (Litigation & Dispute Resolution; Commercial & Advisory; Contract Management) or directly with business stakeholders
- Ensure that contract documentation is developed and executed in a timely and efficient manner, liaising closely with administration as appropriate, keeping them fully informed of progress.
- Be responsible for ensuring that contract amendments and reviews are gathered and acted upon as appropriate.
- Assist in the direct negotiation of disputed contractual clauses, working with colleagues within and outside the organization to bring agreements and contracts to mutually acceptable conclusions.
- Work under the guidance of the Agreements & Contracts Manager to provide advice and assistance to research and technical staff on contractual issues and key contractual obligations.
- Prepare, negotiate and execute a range of contracts and other legal documents, including collaboration agreements, non-disclosure agreements, material transfer agreements and technical services agreements and so on
- Review and analyse agreements and contracts to identify risks, liabilities or gaps in information and resolve these issues.
- A first degree in Law i.e. (LLB) and Bachelor of Law (BL)
- A relevant post-graduate degree would be an added advantage
- Membership of any of the following professional bodies is required: Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
How to Apply
Click here to apply
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed