Pathfinder International a sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) organization
POSITION : Laboratory Officer
- Global Fund project will support comprehensive HIV services in areas, namely Anti-Retroval Treatment (ART), Preventive ofMother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) programming, HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT) and Integration of HIV and TB with Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services.
- Pathfinder International, as Sub-Recipient (SR) has signed a grant for the period ending December 2017 with the Principal Recipient (PR), Family Health International (FHI360) funded by the Global Fund.
- Pathfinder will support comprehensive HIV services in areas, namely Anti-Retroviral Treatment (ART), Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) programming, HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT), and Integration of HIV and TB with Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services in Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi, Jigawa, Katsina and Gombe States.
The State Laboratory Officer will report to the State Program Manager will be responsible for the delivery of high quality laboratory services required for HIV/AIDS care and treatment services in States.
- Incumbent provides support in ensuring delivery of high quality laboratory services required for HIV/AIDS care and treatment services at supported facilities
- Assist with planning and coordinating laboratory activities at sites in designated states
- Provide technical expertise and coordinate services needed to implement high quality clinical laboratory services
- Train site laboratory staff on use of Standard Operating Procedures, job aids, log books, referral forms, etc.
- Ensure and monitor efficient documentation of laboratory results at designated sites
- Prepare periodic progress reports on laboratory services at designated sites
- Maintain inventory of Lab store
- Monitor and report on quality management/quality assurance activities
- Degree in Medical Laboratory Science
- Valid Certificate to practice as Medical Laboratory Scientist mandatory
- At least 4 years post NYSC experience in Laboratory activities
- Knowledge and experience in design, implementation and management of laboratory services in HIV/AIDS program an asset
- Experience in Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and Access preferred
- Registration with the Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Good oral and /written communication skills.
- Mature, responsible and able to meet deadlines under pressure and work with minimal supervision
- Fluency in both written and spoken English in addition to Hausa language required.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed