Pathfinder International a sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) organization
POSITION : Senior Clinical Services Officer
Global Fund project will support comprehensive HIV services in areas, namely Anti-Retroval Treatment (ART), Preventive ofMother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) programming, HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT) and Integration of HIV and TB with Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services.
- Pathfinder International, as Sub-Recipient (SR) has signed a grant for the period ending December 2017 with the Principal Recipient (PR), Family Health International (FHI360) funded by the Global Fund.
- Pathfinder will support comprehensive HIV services in areas, namely Anti-Retroviral Treatment (ART), Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) programming, HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT), and Integration of HIV and TB with Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services in Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi, Jigawa, Katsina and Gombe States.
- Reports to the State Manager/Team Lead or the Ass. Director depending on state location.
- Wll provide linkages between community and health facilities and ensure that quality HIV/AIDs services are provided and give technical lead for comprehensive HIV service provision including ART (adult and pediatric)
- Incumbent works with the case management teams to provide clinical and case specific supervision and case management services to clients and their families with treatment adherences issues and/or unstable stable status related to disease management.
- Liaise with medical and case management teams; provide individual, family, and group adherence support and education; provide technical assistance to case management staff regarding disease and medication management.
- Ensure that patients enrolled are provided with comprehensive health education and information about HIV/AIDS, STI, positive Living and ARV drugs.
- Participate in building the capacity of adherence team to perform assessment counseling with ARV candidates, identify potential strengths and weaknesses in relation to predicted drug adherence.
- Incumbent coordinates formal agreements and sub contracts with state owned health care facilities and community/faith based partners to implement program activities
- Ensure strong community linkages to enhance HIV care and treatment services
- Work in close collaboration with Faith-based and community based organizations to provide comprehensive package of care for HIV care and treatment program beneficiaries including clinical and psychological services
- Submission of activity reports relating to community program activities
- Ensures that items purchased for use by sub contract recipients are delivered to beneficiaries in a timely manner and used for program
- Mentor facility staff to ensure that the quality of services is in line with best practices and standards of care
- A Public Health Professional or qualified registered with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and 5-6 years’ relevant experience working on a comprehensive HIV/AIDS project (HIV care and treatment)
- Have previous work experience working in a multidisciplinary team
- Good advocacy and people skills and experience in community mobilization and service delivery.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to work with various constituencies’ especially relevant government partners and other implementing partners.
- Good oral and /written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate technical materials to both expert and lay audiences.
- Mature, responsible and able to meet deadlines under pressure and work with minimal supervision
- Fluency in both written and spoken English in addition to Hausa language required.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed