Vacancy at Lily hospitals Limited for a Medical Laboratory Scientist
At Lily hospitals Limited, we recognize that our staff is vital to the achievement of our organizational vision, the sustainability of our mission and the profitability of our business. We also recognize that our staff are our most valuable assets and as such continuously prioritize their welfare, and also see to the provision of an environment that is conducive for optimal productivity and performance and which consistently supports operational efficiency and effectiveness.
POSITION : Medical Laboratory Scientist (Haematology & Blood Serology)
The role is responsible for examining and diagnosing disorders and diseases of the blood, bone marrow, vascular and immune system
The job holder also performs manual and automated routine blood tests to determine the extent of the illness, prepares specimens for microscope examination and operates laboratory equipments such as centrifuges, dry bath incubators, and blood bank refrigerators.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS) (Haematology).
- 1 to 3 years relevant work experience in the health sector.
- Membership with a relevant professional body and must be licensed to practice under the Medical Laboratory Council of Nigeria.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Produce quantitative data in the form of reports pertaining to tests done and provide key information to other clinicians about patient's condition.
- Conduct investigation on the biochemistry of blood clotting.
- Provide assistance in interpreting certain analysis that involves a patient's blood condition.
- Take part in creating a diagnosis and a plan for the treatment.
- Select appropriate techniques for different types of haematological analysis.
- Perform a wide range of laboratory tests to produce and interpret results in order to assist clinicians in their diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Responsible for receiving, storing and preparing various kinds of specimen including blood sample for analysis.
- Analyse blood samples using computer-aided and manual techniques.
- Assist in prescribing specific types of treatment for individual patients.
- Cross match blood for use in transfusions.
- Assist in ensuring that the necessary turnaround time for reporting results is achieved.
- Implement quality control procedures both internal and external to maintain accurate results.
- Data inputting and maintenance of the relevant database.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Salary in line with industry standard
How To Apply
Candidates should forward their CV's (MS Word Doc) only to: firstname.lastname@example.org with position applied for as subject
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed