Latest vacancy for Drilling And Wells QAQC Supervisor at a multinational Oil and Gas company
RIVERS , PORT HARCOURT ,
Oil and Gas
MAVENTEQ SYSTEMS LIMITED - Our client, a multinational Oil and Gas company in Nigeria is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
JOB TITLE: DRILLING AND WELLS QAQC SUPERVISOR
- Provide reports regularly (daily/weekly) on HSE and Operational activities to the head of materials & QA/QC
- Liaises with Drilling & Wells teams, TechLog, relevant entities, and Contractors to ensure optimization of Management, Inspection, QA/QC, and well equipment preparation.
- Liaise with contractors and organize delivery and collection of equipment, to ensure optimal usage and value for money and avoid rental equipment to standby, misuse, or damage.
- Works with other engineers and supervisors, shares experience and best practices, initiates and reviews documents, and provides constructive feedback.
- Maintain good communication with all entities at OML 58 and between logistics sites (Onne, New Pipe yard) to ensure smooth management of equipment and materials.
- Has in-depth knowledge and experience in QA/QC and Inspection technologies, and techniques (MPI, DPT, UST, EC, etc.)
- Understand the application of various inspection standards & codes (API, ASTM, ASNT, etc) in defining rejection criteria after inspection
- Has good knowledge of all Drilling & Wells functions i.e., Drilling, Completions, Intervention, Well Integrity, and Fluids
- Participate in the Company sharing of professional experience through REX
- Follows up on Preparation, Testing, and Loading of equipment & materials stored at the site for Drilling, Completion, and Intervention operations
- Prepare and implement storage, Inspection & Maintenance plans in line with Company and industry standards for Equipment and Material at Obite: Short-, medium- and long-term storage
- Prepare and implement QA/QC (API Q2) plan and procedures in line with company and industry standards for the management of Equipment and Materials at Obite before storage, during storage, and prior to issuance for operations.
Material Management & Logistics
- Maintain accurate inventory of all Drilling & Wells as well as 3rd party Equipment / Materials at the Site
- Closely monitor the stored OCTG for early detection of corrosion/defects: pitting, cuts, dents, thickness loss, etc.
- Co-ordinate and supervise inspection of Drilling / Wells OCTG according to a defined schedule and well-specific requirements Apply a cost-conscious method and mindset in assessing and confirming rejected tubular (partially defective ones to be recommended for salvaging)
- Checks loading and off-loading of equipment and materials on behalf of superintendents, in coordination with the logistic supervisor/representative and Site Lifting Specialist
- Ensures that appropriate equipment is effectively shipped as per instructions, the company’s HSE policies, cargo manifest, and international standards. Proper packaging of material to rig / operational sites is essential
- Organizes equipment and materials storage for optimized efficiency and control with respect to in/out movement of equipment & materials.
- Performs entries in UNISUP in relation to Logistics Management and procedures.
- Follows up on Material Management in close cooperation with stock buyers and warehouse personnel.
- Raises simple Purchase Requisitions for stock materials and Non-compliance Reports to the purchasing team
- Manages and stores relevant communication with 3rd parties and contractors with respect to the Obite and associated storage sites
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Initial formal education: Technician
- Minimum of 8 years relevant technical experience with onshore and offshore Drilling / Well engineering roles
- Prior experience (desirable): Engineering / Operations / Inspection / Technical Audit roles
- Very Knowledgeable in drilling engineering/ operations, completion engineering, well interventions, and well integrity.
- Good knowledge of Oil & Gas Material and equipment, QA/QC and Inspection procedures and Standards, Stock management, Materials handling, and Logistics
- Knowledge of relevant Regulatory Authorities and Agencies and associated actors in the Oil and Gas space in Nigeria and Internationally.
- Diversified scope of Equipment and Materials covering Drilling, Completion, Fluids, Intervention, and integrity activities across Floater and Non-floater operations (Onshore, Classic Offshore, and Deep Offshore).
- Service based at OBITE: Onshore Storage site situated in OML 58 with nearby Oil and Gas Production and Processing facilities with occasional meetings at Port Harcourt/ Onne / DW Lagos Offices to coordinate with Superintendents and Methods & Performance team.
- Equipment at the Obite site is currently in the A-S-D (Active-Slow-Dead) spectrum and would demand optimal storage, inspection, and mobilization practices
- Work Regime: Rotation, 11 hours per day, 7 days per week, 28 days rotation.
- Manages and interfaces with multiple culturally and professionally transverse people including other métier, contractors, etc.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates should send their CVs to: email@example.com
Note that only candidates who meet the job requirements will be contacted
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed