Job Offer: Mechanical Technician at APM Terminals
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Location: Onne, Rivers
Department: Terminal Operations / Engineering
- Under general guidance of the department Workshop Fore-men and / or Supervisor, this position ensures the company can deliver the operational capability required to provide sustainable and competitive business advantage
- The key impact of these incumbents will be the maintenance of operational efficiencies in the terminal to ensure availability of equipment required for the execution of day to day operational activities.
- Receive and execute instructions and decisions from the Workshop Fore-men and / or Supervisor;
- Ensures that the maintenance, breakdown services and / or mechanical repairs of port vehicles & equipment are maintained in a cost-effective manner, with consideration given to quality work and longevity of equipment.
- Follows safety and health rules and regulations.
- Assist in maintenance of a safe working environment;
- Participate on Daily Safety Toolbox Talks with the teams
- Understand and applies LOTO system for day-to-day assigned jobs
- Understand assigned tasks and execute according existing procedures
- Reads work order and execute assigned work(s) according procedures.
- Must read and understand the mechanical drawings of all equipment in the terminal.
- Perform major mechanical repairs such as assembling, dismantling and overhaul of equipment components such as differentials, hydraulic pumps, engines, transmissions etc.
- Carries out mechanical maintenance and repair service for all vehicles & port equipment.
- Performs mechanical maintenance or replaces hoses, fittings, other subassemblies
- Disassembles units and inspects equipment.
- Installs new / refurbishes differentials, hydraulic pumps, engines, transmissions etc.
- Replaces and adjusts mechanical relating to belts, pulleys etc
- Determine cause of failure of mechanical components of yard equipment & service machines.
We Are Looking For
- A candidate who is specialized in mechanical maintenance and repairas well as knowledge for a wide range of mechanical assemblies / sub - assemblies such as engines, transmissions, differentials, hydraulics, pneumatics, pulleys, gears, belts, starters, alternators.
- Working at APM Terminals brings a unique blend of being part of an exuberant, enthusiastic and fast-paced logistics company.
- You will have the opportunity to be exposed to various fields of expertise, from operations to customer service that will accelerate your development.
- We believe in encouraging our employees to learn, take risks, and grow their careers.
Application Closing Date
21st February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Apply via EmploymentNigeria
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed