CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Position Type: Regular
- The Procurement and Logistics Officer's overall responsibility is to ensure the day to day procurement of goods and services in an efficient and cost effective manner, in compliance with legal, CARE and donor requirements.
- S/he will handle contracting, transport, shipping, requisitions, inventory, and other logistics tasks and provides projects’ administration on procurement related matters.
- The incumbent will also supervise the Warehouse staff.
- Effectively supervise all direct reports in the performance of their duties
- Ensure the proper implementation of CARE's performance management system for direct reports, including job description and annual performance objectives development, regular feedback, mid-term reviews and annual performance appraisals
- Proactively address performance issues through regular, constructive and honest feedback and coaching
- Identify necessary staff development and career development opportunities for direct reports
- Ensure levels of authority and responsibility are clearly defined, understood and followed by direct reports.
- % of Time: 10%
Ensure Quality and Timely Supply of Goods and Services in Accordance with CARE Procurement Policies and Procedures:
- Develop and maintain a vendor list for the Damaturu office and supervise the preparation of Damaturu vendor lists,
- Maintain and share vendor and price lists with MO and S/O procurement committees and Programme Managers,
- Communicate effectively with clients,
- Ensure the completeness and chronological filling of L.P.O's and Request for Payments,
- Ensure 24 hours feedback to staff on completeness of PR's submitted and prompt feedback on delivery of items,
- Maintain and update individual vendor files
- Maintain and update the Manual Procurement Status Report,
- Ensuring new vendors and Consultant's fill vendor questionnaires with all the required documentations attached and do Bridger checks on them.
- Request for Quotations, ensure vendor's sign L.P.O's and follow up with the prompt delivery of items.
Handle Vendor Management and Communication:
- Effective report and communicate with clients and programs
- Maintain consultant database
- Prepare and maintain weekly Procurement Status Report (PSR).
Prepare, Process and Monitor Consultancy Contracts:
- Maintain and review consultant's database at the Damaturu Office.
- Ensure prompt processing of consultancy requests following established procedures,
- Co-ordinate due diligence where necessary
- Follow up prompt consultancy contracts to ensure respect of the provisions of the contract
- Prepare and process payment requests for Consultants in accordance with established procedures.
Ensure Effective Assets Management:
- Ensure that relevant tools are in place for inventory
- Ensure that the office assets are tagged and properly kept (including individual lists of office equipment)
- Ensure that inventories are made in all offices at least once a year
- Ensure that inventory documentation is kept up to date in all offices
- Coordinate and ensure that the reconciliation of all offices and partners' inventories is done with databases
- Produce annual inventory and reconciliation report to management.
Ensure Effective Vehicle Repairs and Maintenance:
- Analyze data on vehicle use and cost, submit a monthly report to the HR & Admin Manager on a monthly, weekly or as and when required for management.
- Provide adequate information on fleet with appropriate recommendations for maintenance and renewal of the fleet or fleet vendors.
- Ensure that new vehicles are correctly registered, insured, etc. and initiate the process of renewal of documentation as required.
- Keep a record of annual fleet renewal documentation and process renewals accordingly.
- Manage the allocation and movement of vehicles at the country office.
- Ensure the office, vehicles all have safety equipment needed such as first aid boxes, fire extinguishers etc.
- Effectively maintain strict adherence to CARE policies on travels, seat belts, speed limits and ensure drivers have regular training in this area.
- Maintain an overall chart and individual vehicle and generate files showing maintenance schedules, data of insurance renewals, roadworthiness certificates, ECOWAS brown cards, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of First degree in Administration, Supply Chain Management, Management or Business or equivalent experience or a combination of education and work experience
- Familiarity with basic finance or accounting practices will be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the CARE’s values and ethical standards
- Good understanding of CARE business, operational environment and its program participants and donors
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to remain calm, in control and good humor even under pressure
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software); Good knowledge of Administrative systems, practice, policies and procedures.
- Fluency in English and Hausa is required.
- Familiar with donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, ECHO, CIDA etc.)
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Ability to demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust and open communication.
- Ability to ensure effective team work, collaborative behavior and build team spirit
- Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationship with external partners and clients at the senior level.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and systems
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- Excellent analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without supervision
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications Letter and detailed CV as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the position being applied for and the location (in Caps e.g. PROCUREMENT & LOGISTICS OFFICER – DAMATURU) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to: Fraud, Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse.
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed