Principal Manager, Corporate Services and Human Resources in a Marine Logistics and Supply Servicing Company
RIVERS , PORT HARCOURT ,
Transport and Courier
Myrtle Management Consultants Limited - Our client is a Marine Logistics and Supply Servicing company. For over 35 years they have carried on the Oil and Gas business in the West African Oil and Gas/ Maritime Industry. Today they have grown to be one of Nigeria’s foremost 100 percent Indigenous Marine Logistics Service Companies rendering safe and professional services to both International and Local Oil Companies with a valuable combination of knowledge, expertise and experience gained over the years, in marine logistics and midstream Oil and Gas Industry projects; which has played a vital role in placing the company at the highest echelon of the world’s oldest trade, as well as a reputable voice in the global scheme of things.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Manager, Corporate Services and Human Resources
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job type: Full-time
- They seek to hire an experienced and competent Principal Manager, Corporate Services and Human Resources.
- The Principal Manager of Corporate Services and Human Resources plays a contributory role in the development of HR strategies, crewing activities, and policies across all or at least major process areas and aligns HR policies to business needs and to the overall vision and mission.
- The purpose of the role is to support Executive management in the development and implementation of the company strategy in line with business requirements. It involves creating and implementing end-to-end business pertinent processes and procedures including of staffing, employee engagement and retention, learning and growth plans and talent management, etc
- Directly manages the day-to-day HR activities and crewing functions of the company, and the management of its processes, human resources, staff relationships, and regulatory compliance with Nigerian Labour Laws and international HR best practices under the direct supervision of the Executive management. Other principal support and supervision areas include Recruitment & Selection Processes Performance Management, Employee Welfare/Benefits & Compensation, Employee Training and Development, Career Progression and Succession Planning. Ensure that the crew's career progression are aligned with business objectives.
- In addition, to support in ensuring that an effective corporate governance framework is in place, and the highest levels of standards is achieved and maintained in the management of employees both the nationals and expatriates (if any).
HR Strategy Development
- Implement the company’s HR mission, vision, and strategic plan that supports and enables the company's business goals; communicate and advocate to Executive management
- Design, communicate, and lead the implementation of people initiatives that support the company's business strategy and enhance the effectiveness of the workforce
- Develop and communicate HR effectiveness metrics and measurements; review metrics with and recommend actions to Executive management on a regular schedule
- Develop and implement HR policies to suit changing business needs
- Update the company's HR policies and procedures in line with business strategy and plans.
- Interpret and discuss HR policies and procedures with managers and employees.
- Understand Collective Bargaining- meaning, the process content and challenges
- Effective handling of negotiations with unions - Industrial Relations and Union Rights - Industrial Relations Systems in Nigeria
- Structure, Parties, and Challenges
- Legal Framework for Industrial Relations Practice
- Implement the company's benefits strategy and policy in line with company goals; ensure alignment of all new benefits programs
- Ensure the company's reward strategy and programs are designed to attract and retain employees
- Partner with Executive management to approve new or changed recognition programs in line with the overall rewards strategy
- Ensure short- and long-term incentives are aligned with the company compensation strategy
- Supervise the company's employee performance evaluation process and brief Executive management on the outcome of the process
- Track and Monitor the performance review process and monitor progress toward key success metrics for the performance evaluation process
- Review HR metrics related to employee pay increases that stem from the appraisal exercise, ensuring budget allocation meets organizational goals.
- Explain the links between HR analytics and business performance
- Gather and analyze data from Human Resource Information and other appropriate sources.
- Present HR scorecard to business managers, providing practical analysis that they can easily consider and utilize.
- Set goals for HR metrics at a group level, present performance against goals, and propose action plans to address any concerns.
- Analyze Departmental performance indicators, partnering with business management to research the root cause of any areas of concern and create action plans to address.
- Implement change management plans in line with business direction.
- Facilitate forums to discuss the goals and impact of the change in partnership with executive management.
- Advise managers on their roles in the implementation of a change and an associated change management plan
Learning & Development Strategy:
- Establish and communicate a vision for how the learning function adds value, improves business performance and enables execution;
- Partner with senior management to advocate performance improvement through learning
- Communicate industry trends and company priorities and their impact on the company's workforce development to the senior management
- Communicate the critical workforce development priorities to executive management
- Establish and implement an overall agenda and direction for the learning and development function with key metrics for evaluating its impact on employee and business performance
- Partner with Executive management to approve and support organizational design activities aimed at optimizing organizational capability and alignment with company goals
- Design a change in organizational structure that impacts a large organization or the whole company, in partnership with executive management
- Lead executive management through an assessment of the alignment of organizational culture with mission and goals;
- Lead efforts to realign culture with goals and mission when needed
Employee Life Cycle ( Entry, Onboarding, Employee Experience, Employee Engagement and Exit):
- Manage all Company recruitment & Manpower Planning - Oversee the entire recruitment strategy for the company which includes attracting and retaining talented employee
- Primarily responsible in driving employee Inductions and Exit processes.
- Improve the Employee Value proposition and company employee retention strategies
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements (NSITF, PENCOM, GROUPLIFE and ITF)
Crew Management In conjunction with the Technical and Operations team:
- Ensure that crew are selected carefully based on high standards, with their Certificates in place, and efficiently administer the crewing function thereby contributing significantly to building the business.
- Supervise and ensure that the training and development required for all crew are up to date and maintained in accordance with client and regulatory requirements
- Supervise and ensure that the certificates of the crew are authenticated and monitor the status of equivalent licenses, and the Seaman book as required by the flag state (NIMASA, Marshal Islands, etc.)
- Establish and manage a seafarers pool which can be drawn from to man vessels in the fleet
- Supervise the Administrative unit. Responsible for Immigration, and expatriate quota processing
- Manage Brand Communications, corporate outlook and stationaries, website management
- Supervise all CSR Initiatives and execution
- Manage all community relationships with the company
- Supervise the production of corporate gift items
Experience and Academic Qualifications:
- Minimum of a BSc in Social Science or any related field
- MBA or any post graduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Professional Diploma in Crew Management will be an added advantage
- Must have 12-15 years’ cognate HR experience inclusive of a minimum of 5 years managerial experience
- Experience working in a Marine company will be an added advantage
- Extensive knowledge of the relevant Maritime legislation including STCW 2010 (Manila amendments), MLC, SOLAS and Flag State Authority regulations
- Well-established network of industry contacts including manning agencies, flag state administration staff and seafarers.
Any of the following professional certifications will suffice:
- HR Strategy
- Performance Management
- Manpower Planning & Recruitment
- Talent Management
- Business Acumen
- Employee Engagement
- Corporate Communications
The remuneration is competitive along with other benefits
Application Closing Date
Deadline: 30th September, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Further assessments will be required.
Login And Apply