SOS Children's Villages Nigeria (SOS CV Nigeria) is one of 136 Member Associations working under the umbrella of SOS Children’s Villages International, an international non-governmental social development organization. We have been active in Nigeria since 1973, with footprints across the country in: Isolo (Lagos State), Owu-Ijebu (Ogun State), Jos (Plateau State) Ibadan (Oyo State), Kaduna (Kaduna State) and Gwagwalada, (Federal Capital Territory).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graphics and Content Development Officer
- SOS CVN is looking for an individual with visual sensibility, creativity, innovation and technical proficiency to provide graphic and content development solutions in dynamic, simple, and attractive formats.
- S/he will work in a team and under the supervision of the Advocacy and Communications Advisor.
- S/he will lead the design and layout of various print and electronic materials for SOS CVN.
- S/he will design and format digital/electronic content and package visibility materials for wide distribution.
- S/he will manage and coordinate the design and look of the organization’s publications in-line with SOS Children’s Villages brand guidelines.
- S/he will also assist in design-related matters for the website and intranet; ensuring materials carry a consistent look and message.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain graphic templates and guidelines, in line with the SOS CVN brand guidelines.
- Safeguard and ensure that all publications, reports and products are produced in line with the SOS CVN brand guidelines.
- Design themes, layouts, graphic templates, contents and covers of documents to be used for reports and presentations such as newsletters, brochures, banners, posters, fliers, booklets, business cards, information folders, publications, and other similar promotional materials related to the work of SOS CVN.
- Liaise with printers and other publishing houses for printing and creation of materials.
- Applying creative thinking and a diverse set of design skills to a variety of print and digital media materials
Website and Intranet:
- Manage the corporate website by modifying the web interface and design and making updates and publications where applicable.
- Establish and maintain a photo archive and publish same on the intranet.
- Ensure all publications on the intranet and website meet SOS CVN’s design specification.
- Preparation of printing packages (all layout and design files) for printing of publications and other communication products.
- Design templates for new publications and products in line with graphic guidelines and in close coordination with co-workers.
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, web and interactive presentations. This will require provide technical solutions for use of new media (virtual 3D words/boxes, postcards).
- Create animations for illustrative purposes such as animated videos, presentations and advanced solutions.
- Supporting the creation or editing of digital content for e-communications and videos.
- Walking, talking, and breathing the SOS CVN brand by exercising creativity while upholding brand guidelines and standards.
- Providing creative advice and direction, managing workflow processes, owning design execution, and ensuring quality control of creative work.
- Providing design support effectively and efficiently within SOS CVN.
- Preparing creative material for production and overseeing production from start to finish; coordinating with external third parties for production when applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to Fine Arts, Graphics Design and Information Technology.
- 2 years relevant experience working with different graphic design software packages, mainly Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and/or Corel Draw.
- Expert knowledge of adobe after effect, cinema4D and any other 3D software.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite especially PowerPoint.
- Networking skills.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Proven ability to adapt technical concepts and scientific data into clear, relatable charts, maps, and illustrations.
- Strong knowledge of design principles and best practices for different media formats, such as printing specifications and website usability.
- Organized, detail-oriented and capable of managing large and/or multiple projects.
- Strong communicator, with the capacity to work with colleagues remotely.
- Understanding of children’s rights, alternative care and protection and/or investment in children.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and to tailor messages to different audiences in different platforms.
- Extensive understanding of UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) and the African Charter on the Rights & Welfare of the Child.
Application Closing Date
23rd March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed