Analytical Chemist at EnvironQuest Nigeria Limited
EnvironQuest was founded in 2001, and since then, we've made it our mission to provide scientifically sound, cost-effective integrated solutions for our customers so they can protect and preserve the environment without sacrificing their ambitions for business growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Analytical Chemist
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and execute complex analytical and physical chemistry testing following the laboratory SOPs.
- Identify potential challenges and proactively plan for resolution
- Prepare reagents and solutions according to SOPs
- Calibrate equipment for accuracy, reliability and precision
- Interpret and document lab test results including calculations and observations
- Review peers' analytical data for accuracy and integrity
- Alert the Senior Chemist of unusual test results and problems encountered during analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years experience in organic or inorganic analysis using CLP, SW-846 and other EPA methods
- Experience applying EPA Functional Guidelines for data validation
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Attention to detail and the ability to think critically
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, Spreadsheet, Adobe Acrobat)
- Able to manage analysis timelines
- Laboratory experience with analytical instrumentation such as GC, GC/MS, GC/FID/ECD
- Experience in reviewing data from high-resolution GC/MS techniques for light/heavy hydrocarbons
- Experience in validating data according to the US EPA Functional Guidelines
- Experience reviewing/validating data from other methods/programs is desirable
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player with the flexibility to meet a variety of fluctuating and varied client requirements.
Application Closing Date
3rd June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as subject of the mail.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed