Vacancy for Laboratory Coordinator at Axios Foundation Nigeria - 15 slots
AKWA IBOM , ANAMBRA , BENUE , BORNO , CROSS RIVER , ENUGU , LAGOS , RIVERS , KADUNA , ABUJA , EDO , TARABA , GOMBE , PLATEAU , SOKOTO ,
Axios Foundation Nigeria (AFN) a Not-for-Profit none-governmetal Organization is recruiting to fill the position below:
POSITION : Laboratory Coordinator
- Provide recommendations o address any implementation challenges observed.
- Work with Implementing Partners (lPs) in each region to ensure the successful implementation and operationalization of the NiSRN strategy based on the guidance provided.
- Responsible for documenting records of rejected specimen with reasons for rejecting the samples.
- Conduct spot check on the specimen pickup/drop off process from supported PCRand Referring facilities.
- Attend and take minutes/attendance at stakeholder’s meetings.
- Develop and maintain excel data base for NiSRN in the State.
- Facilitate coordination with National Integrated Specimen Referral Network (NiSRN) state and IP level structures (State NISRN Focal Person, IP Lab Technical Directors, and Testing Lab Directors).
- Ensure smooth implementation and ensure that any issues related to specimen transport logistics are logged and addressed, in line with technical direction and oversight provided by GHSC-PSM.
- Responsible for documenting implementation challenges experienced by 3PLs, Health Facilities and/or State Health Officials.
- Participate in the activities of the State ‘Logistics Management Coordination Unit (LMCU).
- Provide technical support and coordination to the Referring Health Facilities, PCR Laboratories and NiSRN State and IP level structures.
- Bachelor degrees in Medical Laboratory Science.
- Holder of Microbiology Degree with experience in health commodities logistics can also apply.
- Master in Public Health would be an added advantage.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience.
- Registered with MLSCN.
- Intermediate/Advanced Computer Skills to include the use of MS Office packages and Inventory Management Software.
- Ability to multi task, set priorities and work independently.
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of packaging, handling and transportation of temperature sensitive and biological products.
- Knowledge of supply chain management and logistics.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Commodity Logistics or Health Commodity Logistics.
- Capacity to support health systems strengthening.
- Fluency in written and oral English
How To Apply
Candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please select at least 2 States of choice.
- First and second choice should be explicitly stated.
- However, this is not a guarantee that qualified candidates would be given employment in their preferred locations. Employment in other locations (not selected) could still be offered to qualified candidates,
- Indicate the Position and Location as the subject of your e-mail and header of your cover letter. Applications without a cover letter stating suitability, will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed