The Nobeah Foundation is the not-for-profit counterpart of Nobeah Technologies Ltd.,a technology company focusing on technology with deep potential for social impact as well as the strong growth prospects required for sustainability. The innovative technology developed by Nobeah Technologies Ltd. targets transformative change, aiming to dramatically impact areas such as literacy, and health care. But in addition to these immediate potential impacts, Nobeah's core values are to seek deeply insightful solutions that reach the heart of social challenges, changing the very equations so that they solve themselves in a sustainable way. The Nobeah Foundation was created to distribute technologies from Nobeah Technologies Ltd. on a subsidized or free basis where those technologies could have dramatic impact.
Across Africa the Nobeah Foundation will raise money from both local and international donors to sponsor free or subsidized distribution of the technologies from Nobeah. Through these activities the foundation will achieve its goal of supporting insightful game-changing innovations that impact the very equations of human suffering and limited opportunity so solutions emerge organically, then building capacity for the solutions to sustain themselves and provide a solid platform on which further innovations may find anchor.
Position: Volunteer Country Liaison
Some of the areas relevant to this position in which Nobeah Foundation is researching solutions are below.
· Afripad – a radically cost effective hybrid e-reader/computer set to revolutionize access to educational materials and to transform educational outcomes.
· FreeSunPower Solar Panels – a modular solution which through ease of deployment and expansion is intended to dramatically accelerate adoption of renewable energy based on solar power.
· Hybrid Grid Electrification with Nobeah's Renewable Energy Solutions – a mini grid solution intended to accelerate rural electrification while increasing resilience. This solution also will act as the power source for the Afripad.
· Internet Caching Solution – stores (caches) internet content offline so that children in schools without any internet connectivity can still enjoy a rich educational browsing experience.
· Nobeah Distributed Discrete Work Management Methodology (DDWMM) - the DDWMM is Nobeah’s signature methodology and is key to Nobeah’s business operations. It will enable complex projects to be broken down into simple work units that can be completed remotely by less experienced resources to help in creating local jobs in Africa.
· Nobeah Off-Grid Power Solution – an easy to use and tool-less renewable energy solution that is modularly expandable from serving the needs of one individual to serving the needs of many.
· NobeahSmartwire – Nobeah’ssmartwire provides a means to create a mini-grid from Nobeah’s renewable energy solutions without the need for tools or specialized expertise, in order to dramatically accelerate electrification.
· Women and Girls Technology Mentoring – Nobeah already has agreements for large internship programs signed with various universities in Nairobi. This mentoring program will solicit donor funds to bring more young women into those programs with a focus on giving mentorship for the technology industry as a whole rather than on Nobeah’s specific needs.
ABOUT THE JOB
ROLE: Country Liaison(s) - multiple positions available.
LOCATION: Any city, Nigeria
COMPENSATION: This position is volunteer.
Summary of Position:
The Nobeah Foundation is seeking a Volunteer Country Liaisonto prepare for the launchof itsoperations in Nigeria. The position will report to the Executive Director in Kenya. The role of the Volunteer Country Liaisonis to work with Nobeah headquarters in Kenya to contribute to the effort of identifying and defining Nobeahprogrammes throughout Africa, but primarily tohelp guide the effort of understanding how to customize Nobeah'sprogrammes for Nigeria. This role will also help identify new programmes as well as define recruitment needs for Nigeria andidentify partnership opportunities within the country.
This position is flexible to work anywhere between 5-40 hours a week, some of which are preferred to be M-F from 9-4:30pm. The position accommodates 100% remote work. Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office is very helpful.
The role will be required to spend a few hours per week volunteering to familiarize themselves with our overall leadership and strategic direction, and how they could be adapted for maximum programmatic effectiveness and impact within Nigeria. This includes the overall direction and management of the organization’s research and educational programs, resource development, finances, personnel, contracts, and organizational assets. It is hoped that within 6-12 months a Volunteer Country Liaison might become familiar enough with our culture, governance structure, staff and management structure, finances and funding sources, research, advocacy and educational programs for them to take a paid administrative role helping to guide the operations of the Nobeah Foundation as it becomes established in Nigeria.
The Volunteer Country Liaison will establish collaborative working and personal relationships with the organization’s board of directors, staff, consultants, research and community partners, donors, foundations businesses and volunteers and follow regular updates on the Nobeah Foundation’s programs while contributing timely and concise progress assessments.
Whenever required to be a spokesperson the Volunteer Country Liaison will serve as a knowledgeable, articulate and effective advocate, in person and in writing, for the organization. Inclusive in the responsibilities this position will be groomed for are:
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
How to Apply
To apply for this position send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached and with the subject line: “Re: Application for Volunteer Country Liaison - Nigeria”. Please ensure your name and other contact details are both in your resume and in the email itself.