Business Development Officer at Reverton.Net Limited
₦30,000 - 60,000
IT and Telecoms
Reverton.Net Limited is an indigenous company incorporated to take up new challenges arising from increasing number of businesses seeking offline and online ICT solutions.
POSITION: Business Development Officer
Reports to: MD
The Business Development Officer will under-study Reverton’s business vision, functions and target market and develop initiatives/business proposal documents for approvals. Successful applicant will manage Reverton’s external business relations and work closely with back-office team.
- Engage in market research in order to identify new opportunities for business
- Explain to potential customers about the various benefits offered by Reverton’s products or services; following them up so as to close the business deals
- Respond to queries and complaints from clients as regards the Reverton’s products; this should be done in a timely fashion
- Analyze current and past expense budgets, sales, product deficiencies, and revenues in order to provide recommendations for the company’s growth and resolution of problems
- Develop business proposals for existing and new customers
- Develop innovative strategies for retaining clients; this includes undertaking interviews in order to get feedback and incorporate it into the growth plan
- Prepare annual budget (marketing) and track expenses relating to the budget
- Develop comprehensive knowledge about the business and its development practices, its marketing activities, prospective clients, and the trends for the industry
- Establish a knowledge storehouse of clients, referrals, REPs, presentations, and prospects
- Participate in forums related to the industry; conferences and client discussions. In other words, act as a representative of Reverton
- Determine cross-selling opportunities among different offices.
- Supervise database of client relationship management and utilize the result to manage customers and the mailing lists
- Hire, guide and train business development staff and associates
- Work closely with regional sales staff to ensure better flow of information.
- Perform daily administrative duties.
- Carry out other tasks as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Possess very good sales skills
- Analytical skills: applicant must be analytical thinker with the ability to analyze new and prospective opportunities in business
- Educational qualification: Must possess at least a bachelor’s degree in any field related to business. Any experience of working in a related field or company would be of great benefit
- Project skills: Ability to man project effectively with developed goals and procedures for its implementation
- Possess problem solving skills
- Networking skills: He/she should have the ability to build and maintain relationships and contacts in and outside Reverton
- Must possess a good business sense
- Marketing skills: The officer in charge of business development should be able to pitch to clients on company’s new and available goods and services
- IT/ computer skills: He/she must be able to use the computer and similar gadgets effectively and creatively
- Organizational skills: He/she must have the ability to stay put on assignments
- Ability to work under pressure and still meet up with given deadlines
- Possess effective communication skills to interact with diverse groups of people both in writing and in speaking without getting misunderstood
- Good negotiation skills: The ability to dialogue with clients and arrive at a mutually beneficial outcome is important to the work of business development officers
- Must be a notably pleasant character
- Must be flexible and able multi task on the job
- Ability to constantly generate new ideas for the company’s advancement and success
- Planning skills: The officer should have the ability to plan for a project and follow it up to its completion
- Possession of people skills: He/she should have the ability to effectively cope with colleagues and clients and move them towards accomplishing certain tasks and goals
- He/she must be willing and able to pay attention to details
Position Type/ Expected Hours of work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5pm
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their CV and one page application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed