The International Rescue Committee (IRC) offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. We restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC is recruiting to fill the position below:
POSITION : Communication Officer
- A Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Journalism, Mass Communications or related field.
- 2 years of professional work experience in designing and executing communication activities preferably in development programs
- Ability to work in a team and sometimes in tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with people outside the organization representing the organization to external stakeholders including Federal and State government, partners, working groups, and other development partners.
- Good command in both verbal and written English with abilities to contextualize information from other local languages in North East Nigeria.
- Experience with communication/creative agencies/vendors will be an added advantage.
- Experience and skill using a camera to take photographs and shoot basic video.
- Proficient in the use IT/computer based applications relevant to the task
- Ability to write clear and concise reports, statements, etc and to meet short deadlines
- Knowledge and experience in media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, verbal and visual media.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting
- Ability to work in unstable security environments
- Previous experience working with international partners, in particular UN, INGOs, as well as local partners in similar role.
- Lead development of case studies, snap shots, success stories, lessons learnt, personal experience (blogs) from field based staff and relevant ERD program documents and suggest recommendations on various communication issues as and when required.
- Work with the ERD program teams, and partners, to develop visibility and communications plans for ERD projects
- Work with program sector leads to develop and produce IRC information and communication materials such as brochures, newsletters, press releases, and other publications as well as supporting generation of content.
- Assist and ensure compliance of activities with project communication strategy by following IRC and donors guidelines.
- Coordinate communication activities and events of the project and partners.
- Assist the ERD teams in conducting awareness raising campaigns, events, information dissemination workshops for target groups.
- Participate in high level IRC Nigeria and donor visits for showcasing program progress, achievements and updates.
- Take lead in the dissemination of communication materials to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Design and manage a system of project documentation, filing and storage of information generated and templates to be used.
- Produce digital content (stories, photos, blogs, videos) to be used on the IRC and other websites and to liaise with relevant staff in the field and Abuja.
- Create and maintain internal system, including contact lists, diaries of upcoming events and opportunities in which the IRC can actively participate and engage locally and nationally.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with reporters in Nigeria writing for international media outlets and maintain a database of relevant media contacts.
Standards for Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct.
- These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
- In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Monthly salary, 13 Month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
How To Apply
Candidates should send their CV's and Cover Letter addressed to "The Country Director, International Rescue Committee" via:IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed