FHI 360 a nonprofit non-governmental human development organization. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
POSITION : Logistics & Procurement Officer
Work with the Procurement & Logistics Manager to plan and implement systems and policies that guide all operations related to procuring supplies and services (in accordance with FHI 360 policy and donor requirements); maintaining and tracking the inventory of all office supplies retained in the store; maintaining and operating the service store containing a wide variety of office supplies, equipment and materials.
- B.Sc in relevant field with 3 - 5 years of relevant procurement experience.
- Or M.Sc in relevant field with 1 - 3 years relevant procurement experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations (experience with USAID procurement a plus)
- Ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of established storekeeping procedures, including receiving, storing, and issuing materials and supplies, and of standard inventory methods and techniques.
- Ability to maintain accurate records relating to assigned storekeeping activities.
- Ability to maintain a computer inventory control system and analyze pertinent factors such as usage patterns, stock availability, shelf life related to stocking minimum and maximum levels.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Well developed computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Ability to adapt within Borno work environment
Upon the request of line manager, the Procurement/Logistics Assistant is to:
- Receive delivery of materials into the store
- Advise on methods to improve receiving, storing, and distributing materials and supplies; and maintain stock control records
- Verify quantities of goods delivered, inspect for damage; and sign delivery tags
- Warehousing and inventory control
- Prepare and maintain records concerning the receipt and issuance of materials
- Asset management
- To undertake local purchasing in accordance with FHI360’s Procurement Policy and Operations Handbook standards.
- Ensure goods purchased are in accordance with specified requirements and match given specifications.
- Negotiate for favorable terms for purchase, e.g. discounts and credit, and follow up with the Finance Department to ensure that payments are made to the suppliers promptly.
- Ensure goods purchased are delivered to the appropriate location and/or person(s) in a timely manner, providing continuous feedback to the Procurement and Logistics Manager
- Confer with user departments and provide cost information for budgeting purposes
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed