Our client is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories with media networks reaching approximately 700 million global subscribers. They currently have an opening for Music and Talent Manager.
To liaise with the record labels, producers, artists, and other talent in the core territories and manage all related promotion and events involving them and the network. To manage the TAR Reps in the core regions and ensure that they are supplying quality music videos and all relevant music related information to the network in a timely manner. To support the Marketing department with related events, activation and campaigns.
Location: Lagos Nigeria
Reports: Channel Manager, Nigeria
• Building and developing strong relationships with the music industry in Nigeria and the rest of Africa (including but not exclusive to artists, record labels, music video producers/directors, radio stations)
• Responsible for developing and executing a strategy for acquiring quality music videos/content and information from the market
• Working with Head of Programming and Production to establish a standard for music video content for the channel and clearly communicating this information to the music community across Nigeria and the rest of Africa
• Supporting Head of Programming and Production in ensuring quality of produced shows are according to brief and in accordance with Viacom production standards
• Assisting Head of Programming and Production in content DNA guidance for produced content
• Managing a team of TAR representatives in the core regions to ensure that they represent the network with integrity and are servicing the network with videos and information in a timely manner
• Developing and executing a training workshop for the music industry in Nigeria and the rest of Africa that communicates our standard and provides guidelines for producing quality music videos
• Servicing Music Programming team, Production team and Online Team with current and up-to-date video clips, biographies video submission and other music related Information and maintaining a database where all content and information is easily accessible
• Building and managing a music industry contacts database with information on artists, artist managers, label executives, producers, music video producers/directors, DJ’s, etc.
• Regular contact and meetings with music industry contacts in Nigeria and the rest of Africa to provide the latest market information and identify key emerging artists
• Understanding the company's Africa production standards and rules and ensuring that music industry in Nigeria and the rest of Africa take them into account when creating music videos
• Working with the brand's International talent department to clearly understand brand global music and talent strategy and to keep the Company's Africa team with the latest developments on the international music scene
• Keeping up to date with the developments in the African music and international music scene
• Securing artists for performances, interviews and productions and making sure the proper paper work is completed
• Managing and coordinating all aspects of talent participation with Company's Africa events and productions including (but not exclusive) to travel logistics, securing signed guest release forms, on-site management of all talent and artists and ensure all event and production requirements are met in a timely manner as set by the event and production teams
• To attend the weekly playlist meeting and contribute industry information (local chart information, album sales information from all the core territories)
• Work with music programming to create a music strategy for Africa that maximizes value to viewers
• To create a strategy approved by Head of Brand for supporting and showcasing Nigerian and African artists globally via other of the company's Network platforms (US, France, UK priorities) or newly created events
• Working with the Commercial, Programming and Marketing teams to successfully implement events.
• Create strong relationships with external promoters, media partners and sponsors in partnering and delivery of events.
• Pan African Events – Responsibility for leveraging the pan African events on a local level and ensuring group are fully updated on all details.
• To create strategic relationships with Clubs, Bars and restaurants, hang outs etc. to ensure playing of the company's content throughout their screens
• To work with the marketing department to create on ground activations, sponsorships and partnerships to further entrench the brand
• Highly organised with the ability to manage own workload
• Excellent relationship building skills
• Highly motivated, able to work on own initiative
• Able to cope calmly and efficiently under pressure
• At least two (2) years’ experience of managing people.
• Ability to work alone but to be aware of the bigger picture
• Must have Excellent IT & Technical skills (MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Business Objects)
• Proven experience of managing teams to measurable commercial success, this person will be able to encourage and support the production of exceptional creative content
• Ability to develop, evaluate and recommend business options and deal structures
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to adapt communication styles
• Willingness to travel throughout Africa
• Experience with marketing, events and Public relations
Personal and interpersonal skills:
• Hands-on approach to role
• Ability to consolidate information to a succinct level
• Strong individual with a genuine passion for the industry
• High impact communication/presentation skills
• Ability to develop good working relationships internally and externally
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
• Dedicated, ambitious and committed, willing to work the long hours required to get the job done
• Excellent management skills and solid track record as good people manager
Job specific skills
• To behave professionally & appropriately always when dealing and working with talent.
• Attention to detail has been paramount to success
• Minimum of 2 years co-ordination experience
• Must have Music industry and talent management experience with focus on talent development, marketing, PR and production