Adam Smith International is an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
POSITION : Manager, Infrastructure and Climate Change Team
About the Infrastructure and Climate Change team:
- 20+ years’ experience at the leading edge of infrastructure reform with a more recent focus on climate change, power sector reform, regional integration and transport corridors;
- Focus on policy, strategy, regulation, financing (private sector participation and public-private partnership) and utility reform in energy, water and sanitation, transport, urban development and climate change.
About The Solar Nigeria project:
- As one of ASI’s most successful and innovative solar energy programmes, SolarNigeria targets low household energy access and meets the challenges of poverty and climate change by scaling markets for solar photovoltaics (PV). It is a £54.1 million programme running over six years and funded by Britain’s Department for International Development (DFID).
- Solar Nigeria is building Nigeria’s commercial market for distributed solar power, with finance and expertise for consumers and suppliers. In addition to this, the programme cooperates with state governments to deliver state-of-the-art solar power to clinics and school to improve health and educational outcomes. Solar Nigeria’s interventions aim to increase access to solar power and highlight its role within Nigeria’s electricity mix.
About the Role
- Adam Smith International continues to strengthen its in-house capacity through appointing a Manager to support the Solar Nigeria project in Nigeria within the Infrastructure and Climate Change Team.
- The Manager role is multi-faceted and involves technical oversight as well as financial, administrative and operational leadership within a designated sector.
- There is significant scope for professional growth through the cross-cutting scope which will allow the successful candidate to become part of the senior management team.
The role involves delivering our strategy to consolidate and develop our project, including:
- Management of high profile programme of support to the Nigerian government and selected states.
- Managing a team of international and local consultants.
- Developing and then managing the delivery of sector strategies in conjunction with the Senior Manager and the appropriate technical teams.
- Optimising the delivery team through analysing composition and ensuring appropriate recruitment and retention.
- Deciding how, what and where support can be provided to achieve maximum impact within constraints of highly political and challenging environment.
- Review of proposed Terms of Reference produced by technical teams.
- Day-to-day responsibility for both budgeting and delivery across the sector teams.
- Oversight of relevant relationships with Nigerian government clients and DFID.
- Preparing and presenting achievements and results.
- Developing public knowledge sharing and communications pieces as required.
- Developing materials for review teams as required.
- As a Manager you should have proven abilities to build effective relationships with clients from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds, and to work effectively in politically sensitive and challenging environments.
- You should relish working in a team, should be innovative, energetic, positive, and genuinely committed to achieving lasting change.
Adam Smith International seeks the following skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Work experience in a blue chip consulting environment, development sector or relevant experience of leading successful delivery teams in a corporate environment;
- Strong experience of budget management within a corporate environment.
- Demonstrated experience in business development;
- Experience in building and leading effective teams, client engagement, preparing regular reporting and budget;
- Be willing to relocate to Abuja;
- A desire to travel and an enthusiasm for tackling unfamiliar and challenging problems;
- The ability to manage complex relationships with Nigerian government clients and donors;
- A pragmatic and resourceful attitude and the confidence to take difficult decisions;
- You must be eligible to work in UK without a work permit.
What We Offer You
We offer you a dynamic and friendly team environment and the opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of programmes. We have a strong commitment to our people and strive to live by our principles:
- Take responsibility (Accountability): Individually and collectively accountable for what we do.
- Always find a way (Resourcefulness): We think innovatively to reach a solution.
- Promote Quality (Excellence): We maintain and promote professional standards in everything we do.
- Commit to the Outcome (Achievement): We take pride in delivering our best to achieve results.
- We’ve built a culture to reflect these principles, by identifying likeminded professionals who are smart, passionate and excellent at what they do.
- We offer a highly competitive compensation, excellent benefits and relocation package.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed