Administrative Assistant at the British High Commission (BHC)
The British High Commission (BHC) is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
POSITION : Private Office Administrative Assistant and Support to Political Section (15/17 ABJ) - Internal Campaign
Providing an excellent level ofadministrative support to the Private Office; in addition you will also provide support to the wider Political section and support the Executive Assistant to the High Commissioner and the PA to the Deputy High Commissioner.
- Collaborating with the High Commissioner’s EA and Deputy High Commissioner’s PA to manage the combined activity and output of the HC and DHC, including diary coordination, internal communications and liaison with the Residence Manager.
- Covering for EA/ HC and PA/ DHC during leave absences.
- Sorting official correspondence and drafting replies.
- Assisting with receiving, dealing with and prioritising meeting requests from both internal and external stakeholders in consultation with the EA/HC and PA/DHC.
- Liaising with the visa section on visa requests from external contacts.
- Management of British High Commission phone list and contacts lists for other Missions and Government departments.
Diplomatic Bags and Customs Clearance:
- Assisting with the sorting and distributing UK diplomatic bag.
- Overseeing the sending and receiving of UK and Lagos diplomatic bag.
- Arranging clearance paperwork for diplomatic bags.
Political Section and General Support:
- Assist with setting up calls, meetings and events when required by Political Section.
- Booking of transport for Deputy High Commissioner and Political Section.
- Providing general support to Political team.
- Drafting official Note Verbal’s to Government Institutions.
- Administrative support for inward visits to Nigeria
- The successful candidate will need to be flexible and able to work unsupervised to keep on top of the workload and changing priorities. Good interpersonal skills will be essential as the jobholder will need to build close and effective working relationships with colleagues from across the High Commission, the FCO, and with Nigerian officials
- Previous office experience, with strong IT and organisational skills.
- The ability to speak and write in clear, correct, jargon free English
Required Competencies: Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Employment will be subject to obtaining the appropriate security clearance. Please note that only nationals of UK, EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand are likely to meet this requirement.
Starting Monthly Salary
1st February, 2018.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed