Medecins Du Monde an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations is recruiting to fill the position below:
POSITION : Finance Assistant
Under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following main activities in accordance to national and MdM procedures:
- Cash Box Management
- General Administration
Cash Box Management:
- Make payments according to MdM procedures.
- Keep the cash and cash boxes safe and according procedures.
- Estimate petty cash, and make request to the Administrative Coordinator for replenishment.
- Perform daily/weekly/and monthly cash control with Finance Officer.
- If necessary, realize the payment of monthly per-diem and advance of salary according to MdM procedures for the international staff
- Management of safety envelop for international staff (payment and refund in and out)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business or comparable Degree.
- One year experience in a similar role
- Fluent in English
- Experience with INGO required.
- Experience with Saga will be an asset
- Make cash advances for operation to validated staff after validation of the Finance Coordinator and ensure that all advance are reconciled/closed by the end of the week & month.
- Prepare (glue and copy) and archive all necessary documents for monthly accountancy in accordance with MdM procedures: accountancy (ledger, cash controls) and annexes.
- Complete the monthly closing operation of the cash accounts in accountancy after validation of Finance Coordinator, in the schedule fixed and send the documents required Keep the administrative archive on the mission (do the copies, classify and archive)
- Enter invoices & payments data regularly into accountancy software (saga) in accordance with MdM standards and to the accountancy and budget framework.
- Prepare the payment of expenses related to the daily operation of the MdM programs, according to MdM procurement procedures (Mission Request, Purchase order, contract, invoices & receipts, quotations, and proformas etc.)
- Double check of records, according to MdM & donor procedures
- Verify that all the receipts/invoices are correctly filled and they are eligible for MdM accountancy (indicating: date, details of the supplier, clearly written the amount with the stamp PAID);
- Support to look for invoices when required
- Develop filing system for administration department, and after validation of Administrative Coordinator, Realize copying and filing and scanning, especially for accountancy
- Assist during organization of trainings, accommodation and transportation
- Prepare a summary of weekly activities Participate in a pro-active way to the improvement of the MdM inteal meetings (general, admin, security…)
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Finance Coordinato
How To Apply
Candidates should send their two page Curriculum Vitae; three work-related references; a one page Cover Letter, explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above, (If possible, please send all the above in one document - MS Word or PDF) to: email@example.com Also, write the Job Title and your name in the subject line.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed