Our client is Africa’s premier communications agency. Operating in 27 countries in sub-Saharan Africa, they are the largest network agency on the continent.
Position: Digital Marketing Manager – WIMA Franchise
The Franchise Digital Marketing Manager leads the strategic direction, development and implementation of technology driven i-Marketing activations and implementation, in co-ordination with the Franchise teams across the territory. The focus will be to drive innovative ways to engage our consumers and build digital capabilities in the area of external operations for all the activated brands with the support of suppliers (web and content generators) and partners (other technology or media companies to increase brand connections).
Key Focus Areas:
1. Strategic Leadership
- Develop, implement and evolve the digital strategy for the franchise.
- Strategic development of i-marketing initiatives for portfolio of all required brands in WIMA as it forms part of the Connection Planning and Liquid & Linked content development process.
- Provide thought leadership and develop strategies, architectures, systems, processes and tools to step-change our Franchise Connections Planning in service of delivering against stated business goals.
2. Develop key strategic projects to support must win battles in marketing
- The Franchise Digital MM leads the development of the social connections strategy that is fully integrated with Core Creative Ideas across Owned/Earned/Shared/Paid connections to deliver brand objectives while deriving greater impact from our advertising and integrated communication efforts for core or development brands.
3. Develop Franchise digital business plan
- Provide input into the Franchise marketing plans by developing the digital road-map as part of the Annual Business plans. Create the Franchise Strategic implementation framework. Input into brand briefs.
- Supervise implementation and localization of BU / Franchise projects across the territory (web, social, mobile, search, other)
- In conjunction with the Connections Planning/Media Manager, manage Franchise Digital Connections budgets efficiently and effectively delivering long-term sustainable competitive advantage at lowest possible costs (annual negotiations); benchmarking to measure competitive advantage on an on-going basis; and developing strong relationships with key social agencies
- Evaluation of New and Existing iMarketing ideas
- Regular interactions and recommendations provided to Franchise teams on campaign ideas and execution.
- Ensure Agencies drive amplification of CCI (Core Creative Idea) on assigned iMarketing projects
- Ensure that Project Reports & Dashboards are delivered on time for all key markets with comprehensive narratives, learning and implications.
- Ensure delivery of reports for Media Message Management, Social Listening reports, Competitor review and After Action reviews.
- Development of KPIs for all campaigns, and monitoring and tracking of progress.
- Innovation is central to this position as in quickly changing digital environment it is required to be on the cutting edge level of technology and marketing tools to develop and implement brands, company and system strategic initiatives.
- Another area of innovation in the position is in establishing and maintaining relations with key digital partners and platforms: adjust and adapt Global Partnerships Initiatives and tools in conjunction with the BU team according to Franchise specifics in digital environment (Search, Social network and other platforms in digital space etc.) as well as Mobile Service providers and technological brands (Telecom operators, Handset Manufacturers)
7. Stakeholder & Agency Management
- Manage relationship & interactions with a number of stakeholders both internal & external.
- Internal: BU Team, Franchise Teams, Local and Global IMC Team and communities, BU Brand Teams, K&I, PAC, SRA, Legal, Finance
- External: Agencies, External Stakeholders, Content developers
- This position requires to work with multiple brands and with cross functional areas, such as Marketing, Finance, Procurement, Capability Development, IT, PAC.
- This role is a key contact working closely with BU in various areas: Brand; Digital Content, Social Listening
- Multi Agency partners – with different skill-sets have to be managed and coordinated to deliver final campaign – this will range from Technical, Moderation of content, Creating Content, Purchasing Connections etc.
- Digital will be integral part to whole Franchise connection planning and requires strong collaboration with all Agency partners and experts to deliver results in communication
- and business
- 7-10 years Digital Marketing and broader Media Communications experience.
- 5 years minimum in senior management or strategic leadership capacity.
- This role is all about leadership and expertise, your career thus far must reflect this thoroughly.
- CV used must be very detailed and reflect the best mirror match possible of the JD.
- Career & leadership achievements & milestones should be well reflected on the CV.
Method Of Application
Well prepared CV should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed