Town Crier at the Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International - 2 Openings
The Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria's rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe State, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Town Crier
Location: (Hawul / Shani), Borno State.
Duration: 10 months with possible renewal
Job Field: NGO / Non-profit
The Scope of Role
- The Town Crier’s contract is on a need-for-work basis and is not a full-time role.
- The Town Crier must fully participate in all invents.
- He must wear CHAD’s visibility jacket when discharging his duty.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The facilitators will be responsible for the following:
- Call people to attention
- Make a town or event announcement or declaration.
- Post or share banners, flyers, bee board, handbill
- Thank people for their attendance or support
- Fully participate in other duties that may be assigned to him.
- An SSCE / FSLC Qualification
- 1 year work experience
Skills and Attributes:
- Loud, clear and easily understood voice
- Confidence and self-assurance
- Ability and willingness to follow instructions
- Ability to read announcements
- Physically able to walk at distant, wear visibility jack, work under pressure and sometimes work in hot or chilly conditions.
- Ability to interact easily with all types of people
- Friendly, open and inclusive personality.
- Honesty: Shows a high level of integrity and will not fabricate responses or misrepresent the program
- Communication: Confidently expresses self, able to clearly ask questions and help the respondent understand what is needed from him.
- Relationship Builder: Able to build trust with people at the rural level and maintain confidentiality.
- Cultural Awareness: Must be aware of and sensitive to the cultural expectations of communities in Northern Nigeria.
- Male candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in not more than 3 pages, addressed to the "Human Resource Officer, Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International, Behind Bulunkutu Primary school Maiduguri, Borno State", via the email: email@example.com Kindly indicate your name, position and location you applying for as the subject of your email.
Note: All employees of CHAD International will adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed