Youth Alive Foundation (YAF) is a non-profit Civil Society Organization established in 2002 with offices in Abuja, Lagos and Akwa Ibom states which seeks to play a significant role in facilitating a just, equitable and fair society where all youths can have access to social, economic and political opportunities. YAF is working to redefine the role and contribution of the Nigerian youth in the governance and development processes in the country. YAF is recruiting qualified personnel to fill the positions of Program Officers in their Lagos Office
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the programs coordinator to effectively administer YAF’s grantmaking, initiatives and advocacy efforts.
- Work with the Program Coordinator to designs programs that align with the organization's mission and support the organization's goals.
- Execute program activities according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Monitor the progress of programs and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of program activities
- Work with the programs coordinator to write reports on programs for management and for funders
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Ensure that paper and computer grant files are complete, accurate and current.
- Risk Management including the reduction of vulnerability to fraud, abuse, and waste.
- Draft tools as well as data collection procedures such as logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, M&E manuals.
- Assist the Programs Coordinator to establish, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting of donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation
- Review and analyze weekly reports with the program team to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• At least 3 years of experience in similar position within the NGO sector.
• B.Sc. or HND in social science or similar discipline
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft office tools.
• Donor/contract management experience and donor policy knowledge
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV, 1-page suitability statement along with two (2) references to: email@example.com
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for follow up and interview.
• Only electronically submitted applications via email will be accepted.
• Subject line of emails must clearly state the Job Title of position and locations of choice applied for.
• YAF encourages applications from ladies, people with disabilities, and young people meeting the above qualifications.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed