The Federal University Dutse is one of the nine university established by the Federal Government on February 11, 2011. It commenced academic programmes in the year 2012 with three faculties and has produced first set of graduates as well started postgraduate programmes. Presently, the operating Faculties in the University are Agriculture, Science and, Arts and Social Science, while Faculties of Medicine Management Science Education and Law are in the offing.
As a growing institution the University is committed to fostering academic, social and infrastructural developments that will strategically position it among comity of institutions of learning locally, and internationally. The fast growth experienced by the institution is due to its culture of attracting retaining innovative and outstanding individuals as staff.
The Governing Council of the Federal University Dutse, has declared that the tenure of the current Vice4Dhancellor will end on February 15th 2016 and invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill vacant position below:
The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Academic Head of the University: he/she is the Chairman of the Senate, and Congregation, and member of the Governing Council. The Vice-Chancellor shall among other duties:
- Promote research, teaching and high standard of academic excellence;
- Be responsible to Council for the maintenance of peace, law and order in the University
- Be competent at all times to advise the Council on all matters affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University;
- Regulate the admission of students, subject to the guidelines and procedure approved by the Senate and other statutory bodies;
- Be responsible for staff and student discipline and welfare in the University.
Applicants for the position of Vice-Chancellor, Federal University Duste must be distinguished scholars with outstanding academic and administrative records. He/She must be a proven manager of human and material resources. Specifically:
- Be able to attract research grants and complementary funds from local and international agencies, and further uplift the academic stature of the University;
- Possess personal integrity in the management of funds and be able to deploy financial resources as appropriate in the context of the University's strategic plan;
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to build bridges between stall students, and other members of the university community and stakeholders;
- Have a demonstrable ability to establish and maintain partnerships with local, national, international, governmental and non-government agencies and organizations;
- The person must be a full Professor of normally, not less than Seven (7) years standing with ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University. This candidates is expected to have held sufficient academic and administrative positions to prepare him/her for the position of Vice-Chancellor;
- Should have a good understanding of the vision and mission of the University;
- Be an individual who, judging from his/her track records, is likely to command the respect as well the loyalty of members of Staff; Students and University Community;
- Be able to demonstrate ability to attract motivated and retain highly skilled and talented staff in all categories of staff (teaching and non-teaching);
- Be able to exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract extra-statutory funds and mobilize other other resources for the development of the University
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Should be in position to ensure the enforcement of the University laws and regulations;
- Be information and communication Technology proficient and be committed to the development of ICT into the University programmes and services;
- Must be of excellent physical and mental health,
- Most not be more than 65 years of age by February 2016 when the position scheduled to be occupied.
The Vice-Chancellor shall hold the office or a single term of five (5) years.
The remuneration and condition of service for the post of Vice-Chancellor are as applicable in all Nigerian Universities, and as determined by Government.
How to Apply
Interested Candidates are required to submit thirty copies (30) of their application letters and Curriculum Vitae in an envelope with post applied for must be clearly written at the top of the right hand corner of the envelope addressed to:
Federal University Dutse,
A one-page of candidate's vision statement for the University during his/her tenure if appointed should be attached to the application. The applications must include academic and professional qualifications, birth certificate or declaration of age, list of publications, verifiable evidence of work experience and curriculum vitae that includes the following among other information:
- Full name (Surname, First name, Middle name)
- Post applied for
- Place and Date of birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Correspondence Address (if different from Permanent Address)
- Mobile Phone Number
- Email Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications obtained with dates
- Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Work experience including full details of former and present posts
- Community service(s) rendered (including dates and locations)
- Full details of teaching and research experience
- List pf Publication and dates where applicable
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of three Referees one of whom must be from the last or current place of employment
Note: All referees should be asked to send their independent reports to the Registrar with full details of the applicant and the post applied for, not later than the closing date stated above.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed