The Federal University Dutse is one of the nine universities established by the Federal Government on February 11th 2011, it commenced academic programmes in the year 2012 with three Faculties and has produced first set of graduates as well started postgraduate programmes. Presently the operating Faculties in the University are Agriculture, Science and, Arts and Social, while Faculties of Medicine, Management Sciences, Education and law are in the offing.
As a growing institution, the University is committed to fostering academic, social, and infrastructural developments that will strategically position it among comity of institutions of learning locally, and internationally The fast growth experienced by the Institution is due to its culture of attracting and retaining innovative and outstanding individuals a a staff
The Governing Council of the Federal University Duste, has declared a vacancy in the institution, and invite applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Position: University Librarian
- University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University, Administrative and Academic Head of the University Library. He/She is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for day-to-day running of the University Library, and its orderly growth and development.
- The ideal candidate must he able to gear the University's Library towards its vision of meeting the demands of Students, Staffs and community by ensuring:
- an effective and efficient library system
- a highly commendable e-library service complemented with traditional library services
- Adequate programmes that promote information and critical literacy
- An effective coordination of University Library Unit in Faculties, Department and Centres.
Applicants for this Position must satisfy these Conditions:
- Cognate work experience in a University
- Be highly resourceful in the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Computer-based cataloguing and e-library literacy
- Be a person with high degree of integrity and moral discipline as well endowed with creativity and innovation potentials;
- Must not be more than 65 years by February, 2016 when the position is scheduled to be occupied.
- A good honours Degree plus Master's and Ph.D in Library and Information Science
- Must have at least Three (3) years cognate experience as Deputy Librarian OF be a Reader of Library and Information Science
- Member of relevant professional body
- Appreciable number of academic publications in reputable journals;
- The University Librarian shall be appointed for a single term of five (5) years
The remunerations and conditions of service for the post of University Librarian are as applicable in all Nigerian Universities, and as determined by Government.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit Thirty copies (30) of their Application letters and Curriculum vitae in an envelope with post applied for written clearly at the to of the right hand corner of an envelope and addressed to:
Federal University Dutse,
Old Government House,
A one-page Candidate vision statement for the University during his/her tenure if appointed should be attached with the application. The applications must include Academic and Professional qualifications, Birth certificate or Declaration of age, List of publications, Verifiable evidence of work experience and Curriculum vitae that includes the following among other information:
- Full name (Surname, First name, Middle name)
- Post applied for
- Place and State of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Correspondence Address (If different from permanent address)
- Mobile Phone Number
- Email address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic Qualification obtained with dates
- Professional Qualification obtained with dates
- Work experience including full details of former and present posts
- Community service(s) rendered (including dates and locations)
- Full details of teaching and research experience
- List of Publications and dates where applicable
- Honors/ Awards
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of three Referees one of whom must he from the last or current place of employment
Note: All referees should be asked to send their independent report to the Registrar with full details of the applicant and post applied for.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed