Job Description Summary
• Sourcing & Supplier Management creates and maximizes shareholder value by effectively managing supply base across all business units, focusing on reducing cost & risk while improving value & supplier performance.
• This organization includes Sourcing Strategy, Sourcing Operations and Supplier Management and is on a journey to be recognized as a premier supply chain organization.
• Leverages global demand to develop and implement category strategies that enable spend management, improve supplier performance, and mitigate risk.
• Partners with the Category Management team to develop category expertise, market conditions, industry trends, product knowledge, benchmarking, and emerging supply options.
• Partners with Supplier Management to develop supplier strategies that will reduce risk, improve supplier performance while enabling supplier diversity and innovation
• Collaborate with internal business partners to identify requirements
• Conduct the 6-step Strategic Sourcing Process for assigned categories which includes analyze spend, define requirements, develop a strategy, author RFx's, negotiate contracts, award and implement contracts
• Support Supplier Lifecycle Management activities including; supplier discovery, supplier risk management, supplier performance management, supplier contract management, supply chain sustainability & social responsibility, supplier development (including diverse supplier development).
• Assist in the streamlining tasks and building technological efficiencies in an effort to improve processes while maintaining a high quality work product
• Have skills in data analysis and be comfortable working with data to test hypotheses and drive conclusions
All About You
• Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to work with people at all levels in the organization
• Proven ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Ability to organize, manage and work effectively to accomplish multiple tasks
• Very strong analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Experience in a strategic sourcing role in a best-in-class organization preferred
• Extensive internal and external communication skills required with operations, corporate personnel, and external suppliers
• Experience with Ariba sourcing systems is preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering