Our client offers a unique learning environment fostering young minds to proffer solutions to problems, train pupils with an inquisitive mind and a desire for knowledge, thereby raising disciplined and transparent future leaders.
Job Location: FCT, Abuja.
The ideal candidate is expected to work with children aged 0-5 in classes between nursery, preschool and reception classes. His/her aim would be to motivate children and imaginatively use resources to help them learn, whilst providing a safe environment for them to develop their social and communication skills. The focus will be the development of these children in preparation for a successful transition into primary school.
- Assist with the development of the children's personal, language, social and physical coordination
- Work with, and develop visual aids and teaching resources
- Stimulate arithmetic and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play
- Stir up and help children develop curiosity and knowledge
- Build and maintain cordial relationships with parents, giving prompt feedback on their children/wards from time to time
- Evaluate children's performance through various age-grade assessments
- Ensure the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the nursery or school
- Keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice
- Respect and fondness for children
- Ability to plan the children's day and respond to their different needs
- Good communication and listening skills
- Ability to inspire and enthuse young children
- Positive energy, resourcefulness, responsibility, and patience
- Ability to work independently with children
- Good sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective while communicating effectively with children
- NCE/B.Ed and knowledge/experience with the Montessori or Early Years Education
- At least 4-6 years of teaching experience in standard and structured schools
- Experience of both Nigeria/British curriculum is a MUST
Salary & How to Apply
- Between N150,000 to N250,000 monthly (depending on experience)
- Qualified applicants with the required experience should forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘EY-18’ as subject of mails before 10th May, 2018. Only candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be contacted for interviews.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed