School Kits Limited is a leading professional school outfitting firm and a one-stop shop for a wide range of requirements for students from pre-school age through the secondary (High) school age. We are passionate about providing value to schools and parents hence we strive to deliver quality, flexibility and affordability on school supplies.
School Kits Limited commenced business in 2000 and has experienced significant growth for the years becoming a credible brand within the school supply industry in Nigeria. Our competence and credibility can be attested by many satisfied School clients from start-ups schools to well-established institutions as listed in our portfolio.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
Job Title: Head of Finance
- We are looking for a Head of Finance to supervise all fiscal functions of our company and ensure we use capital and resources beneficially.
- Head of Finance responsibilities include creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations. To be successful in this role, you should have experience crafting financial strategies and managing accounting teams.
- Ultimately, you will maintain our company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run.
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Approve or reject budgets
- Conduct risk management
- Evaluate and advise on investments
- Supervise Accounting Teams
- Allocate resources and manage cash flows
- Conduct profit and cost analyses
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information
- Ensure all accounting activities comply with financial regulations
- Consult senior management and board members about funding options
- Recommend cost-reduction strategies
- Provide strategic financial analysis and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the Company (i.e. growth, new markets, and evaluation of potential alliances, employee benefits, retirement plans, and investments).
- Undertake financial analysis periodically, to assist the Senior Management Team in evaluating profitability of income streams and potential for cost efficiencies
- Would be required to enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce Finance policies and procedures of Company by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
- Prepare and send accurate, complete and timely financial and management reports, which will include weekly/monthly/quarterly management accounts and balance sheet control
- Oversee, monthly reconciliation of all Company Bank accounts
- Treasury & Working Capital Management – manage authorization of weekly electronic and manual payments and management of foreign exchange requirements.
- Liaison with bankers on loan facilities and other correspondence.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection and facilitate cash management policies that balance receivables collection with payables and include a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- You will prepare the cash flow statements, income and expenditure accounts, tax returns and balance sheet.to be presented and a monthly performance review session
- To ensure that the company is in compliance with all statutory requirements including:
- Payment and filing of VAT returns,
- PAYE and Pension remittance
- Withholding deduction and remittance
- Corporate Income Tax- Liaising with auditors on the payments
- Drafting and management of annual.budget
- Monitor expenditure to ensure adherence to the company’s fiscal year budget.
- Continuously improve on the budgeting process through engagement of other departmental heads on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Analyze budget variances and consolidate the financial statement for further analysis
Interface with Sales Unit:
- Ensure that sales invoices are raised on all sales orders generated by the sales executives after confirmation of lodgement into bank or authorisation of credit sales by the approving authority.
- Ensure that receipts are raised on confirmation of lodgement into bank accounts
- Ensure timely submission of all external reports such as Audit/Tax Reports etc.
- Supervise monthly payroll operation, PAYE and management of employer stakeholder pension plan.
- Proven work experience as a Financial Controller or similar role
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. ACCA/ICAN) is a plus
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 years
- Age: 30-35 years
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Creative thinking and ability to proffer solutions to address financing challenges
- Strong systems, process and best practice experience
- Leadership skills with High level of integrity
- Excellent presentation and delivery skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
- The Internal Control Officer will be responsible for ensuring accuracy and reliability of all departments' transactions, Inventory data, and stock balances.
- In addition, the officer will device and maintain a system of control that is sufficient to provide reasonable assurances on relevant company and clients’ related transactions.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Good administrative and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail and a pursuit to constantly improve current processes and procedures
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Accounting background
- Advanced Computer Skills
- 2 years of experience on the same role
- High level of Integrity and ability to keep confidential information.
Job Title: Female Shop Manager
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- We are looking for an experienced Female Shop Manager to oversee the daily operations of our Retail store. You will be the one to ensure smooth running of operations to maximize sales and minimize costs.
- The ideal candidate will have experience as a store manager and knowledge of diverse business subjects such as sales, marketing etc. An effective retail manager will also be able to motivate personnel to perform according to their maximum capacity.
- The goal is to manage our store in ways that boost revenues and develop the business.
- Organize all store operations and allocate responsibilities to personnel
- Supervise and guide staff towards maximum performance
- Prepare and control the store’s budget aiming for minimum expenditure and efficiency
- Monitor stock levels and ordering
- Deal with complaints from customers to maintain the store’s reputation and escalate when necessary
- Daily, weekly and Monthly update of sales report and Missed sales
- Plan and oversee in-store promotional events or displays
- Keep abreast of market trends to determine the need for improvements in the store
- Analyze sales and revenue reports and make forecasts
- Manage petty cash expense
- Proven experience as Retail Shop Manager
- Knowledge of Retail Management best practices
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizing and leadership skills
- Commercial awareness
- Analytical mind and familiarity with data analysis principles
- Excellent knowledge of retail management software
- B.Sc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field
- Must be resident in Lekki or its environs
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Login And Apply