Cashier at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
YOBE , DAMATURU ,
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cashier
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- Focal person for cash payment in the field location as well as in the DTU base, Assist the finance officer in maintenance of cash related transaction, keep track of all payment and outstanding payment in the field location, Supports the preparation of financial .
- Works within the financial procedures of DRC, municipal policies and procedures and in compliance with all national acts and legislation.
- The Finance Officer supports the Finance Manager with reports for senior management in country.
- University degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration.
- At least 2-3 years’ work experience in field of finance/accounting/book keeping in an NGO or the commercial sector.
- Familiarity with cash transaction is an added advantage
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Excel (experience in working with formulas)
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, proactive and able to accomplish set deadlines.
- Willing to meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- Autonomous and ready to take initiative to improve within her/his area of responsibility
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Good communication and teamwork spirit.
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment:
- Availability: ASAP
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2019.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager” only.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals only.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- “DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.”
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed