Job Title: Head, Information Technology (IT)
Department: Information Technology
Reporting Line: Head, Corporate Services and Development
The Head, IT will be responsible for the strategic and operational management of the organization’s IT requirement. The jobholder will oversee and coordinate the organization's information technology environment and ensure consistent IT system availability to support the business. Head of IT will oversee the 3 units of the IT team- Applications Development, IT Infrastructure and Service Desk.
- Implement and integrate the various systems and technology initiatives necessary to achieve the organization's business goals.
- Oversee and coordinate efforts aimed at developing IT business solutions, and ensure optimal leverage of technology to effectively carry out the organization’s business operations and processes.
- Establish and enforce IT policies and procedures that promote and ensure the integrity, availability, confidentiality and security of corporate data and information.
- Maintain appropriate business relationships with relevant IT vendors and suppliers and ensure compliance with agreed service levels.
- Manage and develop upgrades to the company's telephone system and oversee all telephone changes, including routing.
- Champion the process of selling the business case for implementing new IT business solutions to relevant stakeholders and obtain necessary approvals for implementing identified solutions.
- Oversee troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving and disaster recovery implementation ensuring timely and continuous system availability at all times.
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the division’s policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Ensure adequate management of the organization’s IT budget and assets and ensure adequate availability of IT devices for relevant end-users.
- Ensure all escalated IT related/Help Desk issues are effectively resolved and in a timely manner.
- Report to the Information Security Steering Group on all security related matters on a regular basis.
- Communicate the information security policy to all relevant personnel and customers where appropriate.
- Implement the requirements of the Information Security Policy.
- Manage risks associated with access to the service or systems • Ensure that security
- controls are documented
- Quantify and monitor the types, volumes and impacts of security incidents and
- Define improvement plans and targets for the financial year.
- Monitor achievement against targets.
- Establish and maintain a continual improvement action list.
- Report on improvement activities regularly.
- Ensure that procedures are in place to define the recording, prioritization, business impact, classification, updating, escalation, resolution and formal closure of all security incidents.
- Ensure that all staff involved in incident management shall have access to relevant information such as known errors, problem resolutions and the Configuration
- Management Database (CMDB).
- Manage and classify major incidents according to a process.
- Arrange and attend service review meetings on a regular basis.
- First degree in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least Twelve (12) years’ work experience with a minimum of five (5) years at senior
- management level.
- Process driven, with strong analytical and planning skills.
- Technical & expert IT proficiency
- Strong coaching and leadership skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Vendor relationship and negotiating skills.
- Business communication and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with relevant areas of the business.
- Knowledge and experience of using: Information systems, ERPs, LANS/WANS; Windows Server Environment, Microsoft SQL Server; Microsoft Exchange; Internet Information Services; Oracle; Web design, software development languages and backup systems.
To apply, mail very detailed CV to email@example.com.
PS: CV used to apply must meet OR exceed the Requirements for this role. Only such applications will be responded to.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed